Basic Fantasy Field Guide 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide 2

Post Fri May 24, 2019 9:39 pm

Ack. I was not aware of that.

So perhaps I can feel a little better about the Wood Elemental. But I still feel the Timber-Wolf works better as the manifestation of the rage of a forest under attack, more or less as you created it, just without the elemental entanglement.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post Fri May 24, 2019 9:42 pm

Just an fyi, thank my daughter's love of My Little Pony for the actual inspiration of the Timber Wolf.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post Fri May 24, 2019 10:10 pm

Ah... rather cool, actually. Not a pony fan, but I can appreciate that.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
ThorinSchmidt

Post Mon May 27, 2019 2:26 pm

Nothing to see here:

Just your average Treant out for his morning walk with his pet Timber-wolf, "Scruffles".
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" – Thorin
chiisu81

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am

The Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2, Release 34 -- June 06, 2019
This new release includes edits by James Lemon and Chris Gonnerman. It's not a print release candidate; there are still a lot of entries that need to be reviewed, and the layout needs a lot more refinement.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#fieldguide2
teaman

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:09 pm

chiisu81 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am
This new release includes edits by James Lemon and Chris Gonnerman. It's not a print release candidate; there are still a lot of entries that need to be reviewed, and the layout needs a lot more refinement.

Thanks so much to you guys for ALL your hard work. I was THRILLED to see my illustrations in there, especially the fairies.

Really enjoyed seeing all the new and strange monsters too. Some will definitely be getting some time at my table soon.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at drivethrurpg.com. (Soon he'll be able to purchase the name brand peanut butter!). Come take a look if you have some time.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
SmootRK

Post Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:09 pm

teaman wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:09 pm
chiisu81 wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:05 am

Thanks so much to you guys for ALL your hard work. I was THRILLED to see my illustrations in there, especially the fairies.

Really enjoyed seeing all the new and strange monsters too. Some will definitely be getting some time at my table soon.
I agree with sentiments. I am also quite THRILLED, as I have several contributions within this project and it is very satisfying having them become part of the BFRPG "world", so to say.

What a great collaborative project this is turning into. Lots of very creative and unique creatures for BFRPG; stuff that cannot be found elsewhere. Really breathes life into BFRPG project overall.