Basic Fantasy Field Guide 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide 2

Post Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:26 pm

I'm just back in town from holiday myself. I'm gonna set the deadline for the end of next week.
I like to point out spelling mistakes and post GIFs.
Adventure Template | Style Guide
My works on Showcase
SerGavin

Post Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:31 pm

Bear, Porcupine
Armour Class: 18
Hit Dice: 7
No. of Attacks: 2 claws + hug/ one bite/ special
Damage: 1d4+1d4+2d8 hug/ 1d8+2/ 1d8
Movement: 40’
No. Appearing: 1d3
Save As: Fighter: 7
Morale: 5
Treasure Type: Quills are worth 2d8x100 GP if undamaged
XP: 780

This creature is generally considered to be some kind of unnatural hybrid of bear and porcupine, appearing as a large bear, roughly the size of a large horse, with 3 foot long, razor sharp spikes covering its back and sides.

When the bear is moving, any creatures within 5 feet of either side must save vs death ray or take 1d8 damage from the quills slashing them.

The porcupine bear is known to be a cowardly creature and will avoid large groups of potential enemies. Most of the time it lives a solitary life and subsists mainly off of nuts and berries found on the forest floor. During the full moon however, It's behavior changes quite drastically, becoming highly aggressive and bloodthirsty. During this time the Porcupine bear switches to an entirely carnivorous diet preferring larger prey such as horses and humanoid creatures and will seek them out. The exact reason for this change in behavior is unknown although suspected to be magical as many reports indicate that the bear exhibits unnatural levels of strength and endurance, sometimes rapidly recovering from wounds mistakenly thought to be fatal.

When under the light of a full moon, the Porcupine bear grows slightly large and gains a single hit dice. while exposed, it will also regenerate hit points at a rate of 3 per round. If the bear is killed but is body is left in moonlight, roll 1d100, on a roll of 60 or more the bear is not dead and will rise in 1d4 rounds at half of its hit points.
Last edited by SerGavin on Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
coldrage101

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:57 am

Edit for the Porcupine Bear:

This creature is generally considered to be some kind of unnatural hybrid of bear and porcupine, appearing as a large bear, roughly the size of a large horse, with 3 foot long, razor sharp spikes covering its back and sides.

When the bear is moving, any creatures within 5 feet of either side must save vs death ray or take 1d8 damage from the quills slashing them.

The porcupine bear is known to be a cowardly creature and will avoid large groups of potential enemies. It is a solitary creature and eats mainly nuts and berries found on the forest floor.
SmootRK

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:10 am

coldrage101 wrote:Edit for the Porcupine Bear:

The porcupine bear is known to be a cowardly creature and will avoid large groups of potential enemies. It is a solitary creature and eats mainly nuts and berries found on the forest floor.
Bear in mind, there is a similar creature that i already submitted. Weird how these ideas can develop independent of each other.
coldrage101

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:56 am

"Bear in mind"

Bear in mind...

Dream bear...

I'll be back in a couple of hours with this.
coldrage101

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:14 pm

I hope you bear this in mind:

Bear, Dream (AKA "Bear in mind")

Armour Class: 17
Hit Dice: 8*
No. of Attacks: 2 claw + hug / 1 bite
Damage: 1d4/1d4 + 2d8 / 1d8
Movement: 40'
No. Appearing: 1d4, Lair 2d8
Save As: Fighter: 8
Moral: 7
Treasure Type: None
XP: 940

A Dream Bear appears much as a black bear does, however it is obviously phantasmal in nature, suggested by the misty currents visible within its form.

It attacks by biting and clawing its foes with its front paws, if it succeeds both claw attacks against the same target it may perform a hug attack.

One bitten by a Dream Bear must save vs. spells or suffer form a curse known only as "Bear in mind". This curse causes the victim to vividly remember living as a bear during there dreams, while also strongly compelling them to act as a bear wherever possible. The victim may save vs. magic wands to resist these impulses however, with a save lasting a day. The curse may be cured with a casting of remove curse. After a month of this the victim must save vs. spells or turn into a Dream Bear. This check should be performed every month while the curse is present and the change cannot be reversed by anything short of a wish.

Dream Bears live in small communities of less than a dozen deep in the most ancient forests of the world. They are not actively hostile until one enters there territory, where they will fiercely attack. It is not uncommon for a Dream Bear to stand at the edge of its territory and growl at those getting close.
Last edited by coldrage101 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SmootRK

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:19 pm

coldrage101 wrote:
"Bear in mind"

Bear in mind...

Dream bear...

I'll be back in a couple of hours with this.
I was wondering if the pun was obvious :lol:
SerGavin

Post Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:53 pm

There was already a quill bear? Nooo, I though I was being original. OK, I will have to do something to make it more unique.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
chiisu81

Post Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:04 am

3 more days until submissions are closed! :cry:
My works on Showcase
chiisu81

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:10 pm

Tomorrow, 11:59PM CST is the deadline for submissions!
Attachments
chiisusomeanboourns.gif
chiisusomeanboourns.gif (958.96 KiB) Viewed 519 times
My works on Showcase