JN3 Saga of the Giants

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Saga of the Giants

Post by Solomoriah »

Incidentally, Chi, I thought there were two documents you posted corrections for, but I can't remember the other one and I lost the email with the link. Can you point me at it?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Looking at the threads I think it's AA2 and Temple of Bones I've posted corrections recently. I'll double-check my email but I don't think I've sent anything else.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

There are several more instances of "hp" rather than HP, unless they were fixed. Best to search for them using "match case" turned on.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:I'm posting a new version now with your changes. I removed the tags identifying which of the SG adventures each magic item was used in; there was no explanation, and someone coming to JN3 without knowledge of its genesis would be a bit confused by them. Since they seem to serve no internal purpose, I dropped them. You could use the search feature of the PDF viewer if you wanted to find where they were used, after all.

The stat-strings below the statblocks for the new monsters are inconsistent (Dark Elves don't have them, for example) and they aren't set in MonsterBlock style. I never liked that added bit when it was in the Field Guide. I think it was intended to make it easy to copy and paste a monster into an adventure, but honestly I'd rather see a separate supplement for that.

Anyway, we should either:

1. Put them in everywhere they belong, and correct the style, or
2. Remove them all.

I'd like J.D.'s opinion on that, as it is his module.

Remove them. Simplify, simplify, simplify...
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going to post a new release shortly. I've replaced hp with HP everywhere, I think, and removed the stat-lines as mentioned above. Also cleaned up the Arrow of Dragon Slaying text a bit... parens were strangely placed, and could be removed, so I did.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solo and JD: if there's not a pending new release of this anytime soon, I'd like to print this bad boy out for a thorough reading and editing.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, go ahead.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Ok have printed it out and have started editing. Due to the number of fixes, clarifications needed, etc. I likely will be too lazy to type all of them up. ;) Instead I'll scan in those pages that need attention.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Currently on page 13 out of 169; gonna have to scan a lot when done ;)

Edit (2/9): now page 134
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

To make it easier for both of us, could I scan and post as I complete each "sub-module"?