Races with Levels

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Races with Levels

Post by Dimirag »

Thanks for the kind words, the congratulations for the QuasiClasses must go to Smoot, I just merely did a second part.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Dimirag wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 11:08 pm Thanks for the kind words, the congratulations for the QuasiClasses must go to Smoot, I just merely did a second part.
Dimirag is too modest. He played big parts in Quasi Classes from nearly the beginning. His feedback and opinions helped me a lot, and then he followed it up with additional Quasi Class concepts.

Old-School is chock full of rigid traditionalists that won't think of anything besides "what was back in the day"... and Dimirag bucks that with outside the box thinking on many topics. People like myself and Dimirag seem to be drawn to the old-school "basic" mechanics because we actually can apply our ideas and creativity to it easily within that basic framework, and not because of that mentality of how things used to be. Much harder to be creative (with new kinds of mechanics) with newer games with massive rule catalogs to deal with.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

SmootRK wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 8:18 am People like myself and Dimirag seem to be drawn to the old-school "basic" mechanics because we actually can apply our ideas and creativity to it easily within that basic framework, and not because of that mentality of how things used to be. Much harder to be creative (with new kinds of mechanics) with newer games with massive rule catalogs to deal with.
I must heartily agree with you there. BFRPG has become my the perfect replacement of original D&D because of these traits. Easy (and fun!) to hack, with a willing and creative community creating material that captures the nostalgia of the old, yet making it more playable and interesting. Keep up the good work you two!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

Same. I can add what I want, how I want it. It's all about Rule 0 rather than RAW. BFRPG is keeping me in the hobby.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Another one that goes into CC
This one got some changes in layout plus now the Elves come in 3 flavors of magical aptitude.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/