JN2 Monkey Isle

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: JN2 Monkey Isle

Post by Solomoriah »

Monkey Isle's publication on Amazon is delayed, because they can't figure out that check boxes aren't a font rendering issue. GAH. Waiting for a response from technical support.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

JN2 Monkey Isle by J.D. Neal, Release 20 -- July 05, 2019
This new print release fixes just two minor issues: misaligned checkboxes on page 16. I've reviewed it personally and gone ahead and put it out on Amazon, and I'll be updating the Lulu copies soon.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#jn2
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks! 8-) I would've never noticed those squares, was it only bc Amazon pointed out a problem with r19?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sort of. I was reviewing something else (which was fine, but I don't now remember what it was) when I saw them.
tenteus

Post by tenteus »

Any update from Amazon technical support? I noticed that it’s still not available for purchase through Amazon Prime.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Hi Tenteus; its listing on Amazon is the current version (the publication date being July 4, 2019), but you're correct it's not listed as Prime (though it does show in stock). Looking at the other Amazon BFRPG items, I'm not seeing Prime for any of them, and I couldn't say if it ever did. It could also have changed when Amazon's publication platform changed from Createspace to Kindle Direct Publishing. That's something that Solo would have to comment on.

(Actually, now that I look at it, it does state "Fast, free shipping with Amazon Prime")
GMsShadow

Post by GMsShadow »

If it helps, I purchased it on Friday and it shipped as Prime. It's in a locker so not collected it yet. I'm in the UK if that matters.
tenteus

Post by tenteus »

Thanks for the responses. I did a fresh search for BFRPG products and found it listed available for Prime! Before, I was searching directly for “Monkey Isle” and it kept showing the old edition.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, this is the idiocy of Amazon's rules for changing edition numbers. Gah.

Use the links on the "Buy the Rules" page (see the big green button up there?) and you should find the right one every time.
teaman

Post by teaman »

I got this one as well and finished it over the Christmas break. Thanks so much J.D., Chris, and everyone involved. Plus a lot of the temples could be easily ported into almost any area you need one.

And one could do a Planet of the Apes vibe as well.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games