"X in 6 Action checks" supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
shadowmane

Re: "X in 6 Action checks" supplement

Post by shadowmane »

This is pretty awesome. I don't like the percentile skill system, and this simplifies things greatly.
artikid

Post by artikid »

Joe the Rat wrote:... only without adding stat modifiers.
Not really i just reduced their impact to + or -1 as does the basic BFRPG rules regarding the spotting of secret doors or traps.
artikid

Post by artikid »

Hullo!
New revision is up, I included a paragraph on success chances lower than 0 and fixed the header.
The mechanics of the current revision do allow for the seamless application of ability modifiers (positive or negative) in full, even though I did not write it down explicitly.
Wing_department

Post by Wing_department »

I don't like casting Animate Dead on old threads but this is the best iteration of the d6 skill resolution system I've seen. I especially like the idea of nearly impossible skill checks, rolling the same dice a few times in a row adds suspense, which is harder to achieve with a d20 system. The same thing applies to opposing checks - two sides have relatively high chances of rolling the same value and having to reroll. Streamlining success roll mechanics is an important thing to me, since I use BFRPG to introduce new people to the hobby.
I would probably take it even farther and figure out how to translate saving throws to d6 rolls. Anyway, a good, concise and helpful supplement. Good job!

(One small thing, page 2: "Tallwark has to roll a 1 to even get a chance of
limbing successfully" - there is a "c" missing in "climbing".)
The biggest fan of Ockham's razor.