Welcome to the Borderlands

MedievalMan's forum for his PbP game Chronicles of Amherth.

Moderator: MedievalMan

jcm

Re: Welcome to the Borderlands

Post by jcm »

"Hail, we are a party from the Adventurer's Guild, here to inquire about a missing guild member."
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

"The Commander is very busy, though he was expecting you several weeks ago. I will go see if he can spare a moment."
jcm

Post by jcm »

OOC: waits a couple of minutes...
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

The guard returns shortly and promptly tells you "The commander has a few spare minutes and will see you now". The guard opens the door and leads you to a small austere office. A simple banner displaying the coat of arms of the duchy hangs on one wall, while a large sword in a scabbard is displayed on another.

Commander Giles sits behind a wood desk and looks busy reading some papers, upon your entrance he sets his papers aside and says "Come sit, I am Commander Giles, you must be the new Adventurers Guild representative I presume?" He quickly opens his desk drawer before fishing something out.
jcm

Post by jcm »

"That sounds a bit ominous" Talim thinks to himself. He shrugs it off.

"Well met Captain. I am Talim Lightfoot. We're here to find the current representative, Clyne Elffrin, alive or dead."
Talim rattles off a quick introduction of the party, excluding henchmen.

OOC: Talim had his henchmen wait outside. He is kind enough and treats them well, but he can be a bit of a snob sometimes. Hence he only introduces player-characters, not NPCs.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

OOC: Dwali's henchmen are going to wit outside as well, best to not crowd the room.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Nat and Frost will wait outside as well.
Go with a smile!
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

"Clyne Elffrin? I was told by your people he had been moved to a different post. In fact we have been waiting several weeks for a new representative to arrive. Whats this all about?"
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Magner makes himself known, throwing his cloak back wide to draw everyone's attention to him. And he begins:

"What we have here is... failure to communicate. Somebody somewhere seems to have sent different messages. Now there may be a representative coming, but we aren't him. Or her, really - they're very egalitarian like that. Though such an important adventurer's stop does need someone here to watch things. These fine folks are, specifically, here to find their last representative, though why they do not wish his unknown whereabouts to be unknown - that is, that it is unknown that they are unknown, as these folks-" Magner pats Dwali on the helmet, "- are here to find out why Effrin's location is unknown, and make it known, so that you may also know. Though while we are uncovering the unknown, I suppose somebody should keep a knowing eye on the shop, as no one knows who's in the know, y'know?"
Go with a smile!
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Commander Giles sits slack jawed for a moment clearly trying to work out what Magner just said. After a moment he replies.

"So your not the AG representative?" Looking at Talim. "This sounds suspicious, I had a feeling that those two fellows weren't AG members at all. They said they were being sent to retrieve the guild dues and move them to another tower for safe keeping until a new representative could arrive. The question is how they got this key in the first place?"