Amherth OOC

MedievalMan's forum for his PbP game Chronicles of Amherth.

Moderator: MedievalMan

Joe the Rat

Re: Amherth OOC

Post by Joe the Rat »

Human, Druid, Contractor. Woof!
Go with a smile!
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Alright seeing as everyone has disparate backgrounds I am going to leave it to you guys to figure out how you unruly lot got put together for this "quest".

Up to you, I am having no part in the discussion. Ok well maybe I will add in suggestions, but that's all. Just let me know what the group comes up with when you figure something out.

Everyone understands this?
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Where will we be starting out from? Just wondering if I can tie that into my back story somehow.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Here is set up again. You will begin having just arrived in the town of Trolls Crossing. I assume you start in Dolmvay

You all already know one another and are either members of the Adventurers Guild, or mercenaries contracted by the guild. You have been told to travel to the town of Trolls Crossing in the wild northern frontier of the Duchy of Valnwall. Once there you are to find a missing Adventurers Guild representative by the name of Clyne Elffrin. Who hasn't reported in or, more importantly, hasn't sent the guild any dues in over 5 months. Find Clyne Elffrin and report your findings to the Guildhouse in Dolmvay.

That help?
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Yep, thanks. I wasn't sure if we were starting in Troll's Crossing or were starting somewhere else and traveling there.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

No your there, another lesson learned. Skip travel except when random encounters are rolled.

I have learned so much, someone get me a gold star. :lol:
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

I figure my guy is (currently) local to the area, so we can save ourselves the headache of an NPC guide to Troll's Crossing and the surrounds. He's pretty itinerant, so he could easily have worked with one or more of the others in the past - either in Valnwall, or elsewhere.

Alternatively, we met in a prison. "Disturbing the peace" - it's pretty much what PCs do.
Go with a smile!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Here's what I've come up with so far.

Thorgrim, as a member of The Crossed Swords, has been headquartering in Dolmvay for awhile along with a group of 'Swords' offering security services to the area. He has been advised by the head of The Crossed Swords to accompany this group, aside from the contracting by the Adventurer's Guild, as one of their members had accompanied Clyne on his journey and has not been heard from since either.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I like both ideas. You guys won't know what happened to Clyne until you start the game but Blaze, your idea slots in perfectly.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Alright I added in a short rules addition about hirelings. I would highly suggest you guys go read it. Hirelings will hopefully end up being very important. Very very very important.