Chapter II: Southbound

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter II: Southbound

Post by Hywaywolf »

"you seem to be pretty shaken up. I think we should take you to the nearest Authority figure and see if they do something about these people. You can tell your story there. ... Or maybe you can tell us the truth and we'll help you without involving people you may not want to be involved. Your choice, but I will not be played the fool."
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

She stares at Pero for a few moments, and then starts uncontrollably crying.

"-sob- Alright! I'll confess! I wasn't making a business deal, these men were trying to kill you all! Th-th-they poisoned me, and told me to trick y-y-you into going here! They killed my whole family! -sob- Pl-pl-please, help me!"

She then falls onto the floor, shaking violently.

"I'm sorry! R-r-really! They'll be h-here s-soon! I'm sorry..."
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pero looks at this dramatic episode and snorts, "Fine, we'll turn you over to the Authorities if that's what you prefer."
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Keiler snorts loudly, a startling rouse from his rather quiet contemplation. "All this fuss over little ol' us. Right, so we take care of our lass here, haul out before the riders (or set an ambush, if ya prefer), get this lump of blackguard-" he thumps their prisoner again for emphasis "back so yon ghoulie girl can make peace with whatnot, and then can we get back to proper business? Or you think we can get these fools to realize the shortcomings of arms smuggling, and find themselves new buyers since their goblins clients are not so much in a position to purchase?"

While the genes for dour and taciturn seem to have skipped Keiler, he did get his fair share of understanding trade and business.
Go with a smile!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Part of me thinks we should skip out... BUT if we can make it look like all is well when they get here.. I imagine we could definitely get the jump on them..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I still don't believe her. I don't think anyone is coming for us. Maybe they are coming for her, but how did they know we would be there, how did they getb a ghost to go along with it, and why would they let us kill 2 of there men and take another one prisoner?

So I am willing to stick around and wait for what ever comes. We can eat her food while we wait.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Only moments later, you can hear a knock at the door...

"Hello? This is the sheriff, I thought I heard something on in there, is everything okay?"

Peeking from behind a curtain, you see what does indeed look to be a sheriff, along with the deputy. They're armed only with knives...
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pero quietly says to the woman, "Do you want to tell them why we are here and where you were last night?"
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Without even looking at Pero, Miranda stumbles to the door, opens it, and walks out side...

"Excuse me ma'am, but I... Miss? Are you... Huh?... Oh dear, are you okay?!... No, take her to Father Essloh, she's not in her right mind..."

Moments later, the sheriff walks in. He looks in his late thirties, somewhat disorientated, but not the least bit duller than that.

"Mornin' folks. I see you meet ol' Miranda. Let me tell ya, she's been out of her mind, I'm almost sure she's on some kind of drug... but the last few times, she wasn't being crazy... anyway, Rufus Osrah, at your service. Might ask why she had you here?"
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pero speaks up, "We found her wandering aimlessly in the night. Felt she needed some looking after and had her tell us where to take her. Other than that, we are in teh dark as much as you are. What's wrong with her?"

Thaddeus shudders uncomfortably and murmurs to low for the sheriff to hear, "Uh, I crawled in bed with a crazy loon."