Chapter II: Southbound

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Joe the Rat

Re: Chapter II: Southbound

Post by Joe the Rat »

"Alright, but I'm gonna need help carrying this lout. N' the girl should come along too."
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I am all for buggering out if we can do it without being seen. heck, I am for it even if we are seen, but there better be some thick and dark woods if we wanna get away without them riding up on our rear.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

OOC: Depending on how far away they are we might have time to drag the 2 guards into the house to try and lure the rest of them in. Galan has several oil pots which we could try to light and lob in from the back once they are in the house. That should take care of a few of them anyways.

Also, Galan was going to loot the bodies after checking on the woman but I don't know if he had enough time.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't know about simply murdering these guys in cold blood. They are humans, not orcs, goblins and the like that people are free to kill on sight. Killing the guards was borderline ok, because we were rescuing a woman. Just because these guys dress like the guards we killed doesn't mean they aren't village militia dressed just as ratty come to rescue the woman themselves.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I agree.. we really don't know the details yet and burning these guys inside the house might be seen as a bad thing in the eyes of my God.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
shaeffer

Post by shaeffer »

Neville starts growing anxious; "Our hasty retreat is becoming less hasty. Perhaps if we keep the buildings between us and their line of sight, we should be able to make our way to cover. Unless there is another way out..."

He checks for any hidden doors in the floor of the house.

(OOC: did we close the front door behind us, or can the approaching group see into the house as well as we can see out?)
In the frozen land of Nador they were forced to eat Robin's minstrels. And there was much rejoicing.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

We have to wait for Lucky to come back and answer a few questions. We don't want to duck out the back if thats the way the riders are coming from.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

O-kay...

Looting the bodies yielded 10sp, 5 on each guard, the big guy, 15gp and a set of fake bussiness plans.

You can't find any hidden doors in the house.

The riders are approaching from the south, they don't seem to notice anything, they're just riding up. Back of the house is the north, by the way.

You've got about sixty seconds, and yes, you could slip off into the forest if you wanted.
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thaddeus grabs a corpse and drags it into the room indicating that someone should grab the other. Then says, "10 riders approaching from the south. Their dressed like this lot but they could be anybody. If we hurry we can get away into the woods out the back door before they see us. He'll then toss the unconscious body over his shoulders and head for the back door and a quick escape."

Of course, he will wait to see if the others follow, and if the woman agrees to come.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan quickly grabs the other body and drags it into the house, shutting the door as he goes. "Aye, Thaddeus. Good idea. We need to get out of here as fast as we can." He will then head out the back door and towards the forest.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.