Chapter I: Into the keep of Kamir

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

lucky64

Re: Chapter I: Into the keep of Kamir

Post by lucky64 »

Checking the skull door, it seems to be a normal door, albeit made of heavy metal. Neville can hear a low growling noise from behind it. Taking a little peek, Neville can see three large cages, with three large creatures in them. It's dark, and very hard to see in the room, but they look bigger than any of you. As for the locked door, the lock looks brand new. (stolen) Too bad it's not as good as a regular lock. Neville picks it without trouble. Taking a little peek, he can see a torchlit room with... ah, a treasure chest.
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thaddeus will light a torch, if we don't already have a lit one, and open the door to the skull room wider. He will hold the torch in his left hand and push it into the room for a better view, if nothing looks horrifyingly dangerous he will step into the room and investigate, sword out and ready in his right hand.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pero will continue to watch the roof top and worry about getting out of here. He will look down the stairs and say, "Hurry it up folks. we need to be getting on with it."
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Davros is seriously considering heading down.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

As Thaddeus peeks in, he can see the creatures more clearly. Big, feathery, grey, red eyes. and beaks. No doubt these are Owlbears. They seem to look back at you. Two of them just sit there, the other one roars at you. This agitates the other two, and they break out of their cages and run at you with full speed! You've got seconds to react.
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Which way does the door open ... into the room or into the passage? Unless this is an illusion its going to be unsurvivable for a party of new adventurers. If the door opens outward, I will slam it shut, lean all my weight against it, and call to the others to spike the door shut. If that works long enough to hold them for a round or two, we should dump a bunch of oil on the bottom of the landing and wait for them to burst through and toss down a torch.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

(OOC: Waiting for an answer to the door opening question as that will impact Galan's actions)
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Uhh... outward? I didn't think that'd be an issue...
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan sprints forward while pulling a spike from his backpack and begins spiking the door shut while Thaddeus tries to hold it shut.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thaddeus slams the door and leans into it the best he can, using any eneven floor or wall surface to better his bracinmg position hoping to keep the door shut tight.