Chapter I: Into the keep of Kamir

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Joe the Rat

Re: Chapter I: Into the keep of Kamir

Post by Joe the Rat »

Keiler will stop and check the goblins nearest to him for valuables and items of interest, before making his way over to the walls to start looking for sliding walls and the like, checking for odd mortar lines and loose stones, tapping walls with the back of his handaxe, and generally putting his dwarven sense into it. He'll also want to check out whatever it was the chief had pushed before the balcony blew off.

(Keiler will also pay close attention to the sway of the building and any shifting noises - we don't want to be up here if the tower collapses!)

If nobody else has done so by the time he gets there, he'll also check the chief for valuables, and make sure that that wand is retrieved. Pero might be interested in it, since he's all wizardy and stuff.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Pero eyes the wand greedily, but stays with the girl, trying to keep her calm and in one place. He then calls out, "do not forget about the arrow traps in the floor!"
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

(Sorry for not posting sooner, yesterday me and a friend got into a major jam, I don't want to remember it...)

Loot of the goblins:

3cp,
rusty equipment,
a wand. (Bright blue, seems to cast a silvery bolt)
What...? A spellbook! And in common, too. It seems pretty ripped up, but there is one spell in it.

Keiler looks and see that the chieftain pressed a pressure plate, seems to have lit some exsplosives.

As far as an exit goes, you'd have to figure out how to fly... that is, until the girl speaks up. She points to a section of floor, underneth is a secret passage, a ladder going into a dark room. You can hear some kind of creature down there. "I...I saw one of them come up from here." she says. "But I d-d-don't know what's down there."

Map update.
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

(Where did everyone go? Since no one is doing anything, I shall move this along faster.)

We shall assume Neville climbs down the new-found passage, checking for traps. He comes to a dark hallway, at the end, are two doors. The one on the left has a lock on it, and the one on the right has a crude skull painted on it, but no lock.
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

(I think we were waiting for the replacement)

Davros peers down the passage, watching Neville decend.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

(I know, thought I'd just give this thing a little nudge.)

Map update.
Pero 5/5
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9

19th of mid summer
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

PERO will retrieve the wand and then wait at the top of the passage with the girl. He will watch mostly in the direction of the collapsed balcony, but will regularly check the rest of the roof as well for uninvited guest.

Thaddeus will follow Neville down the passage and indicate that Neville should listen at the unlocked door and check it for traps. If he hears and finds nothing, Thaddeus will ease the door open a crack and peek in.
shaeffer

Post by shaeffer »

Neville will check the door with the skull for traps.
Not wanting to waste time, he will also listen/check the locked door for traps, and see if he can pick the lock (I'm assuming he still has his thieve's tools and lock-pick).
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

(Welcome!)

Keller will act as go-between for Neville/Thaddeus and the others.
Go with a smile!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan will descend and wait at the base of the ladder to see what Neville finds. He will wait with his sling at the ready.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.