Out of character chat (OCC)

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Blazeguard

Re: Out of character chat (OCC)

Post by Blazeguard »

Just a thought. Before we go running off should we maybe stick around and see if Lord Helsith might have some information regarding the disappearances? (or go search him out) Both Galan and Davros will need to pray soon as well.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

They should probably make prayer before the journey. Good luck and all.
Go with a smile!
Husk

Post by Husk »

Speaking from an IC perspective, a little girl's life (and our payday) are on the line and in he hands of goblins. If he were about I would say ask Lord Helsith, but I wouldn't waste a lot of time tracking him down. Depends on what the bartender says I suppose.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Joe the Rat wrote:They should probably make prayer before the journey. Good luck and all.
Not much to pray for besides the blessing of our God.. we don't get any spells until next level. I agree with Husk, we got a kids life on the line.. I say we don't waste alot of time.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Husk

Post by Husk »

Just waiting to see what the bartender comes back with.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Not that I disagree with husk and dymond but here's my take on it. According to the bartender the girl has been gone "a few days" already so while time is of the essence, another hour is not much in the larger scheme of things. Also, until things get fleshed out more I need to play based on the description given of Alderonth as a very strict deity. Based on that I see him as not being satisfied with us praying only when we need the spells and given my years spent at the temple I would have had a very strict habit instilled in me that is extremely hard, if not impossible, to break.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

An eminently sensible interpretation. Although Aldo seems fairly flexible as to the "when", but not so much the "how much." I know I just started another round of "let's stand around and talk," but I expect wiser heads will have specific questions about the nature of this affair that we can get addressed in the hour. Who knows, maybe Lord Wossname will make it before then.

Heh, "Aldo." I need to decide how religious Keiler is.
Go with a smile!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Blazeguard wrote:Not that I disagree with husk and dymond but here's my take on it. According to the bartender the girl has been gone "a few days" already so while time is of the essence, another hour is not much in the larger scheme of things. Also, until things get fleshed out more I need to play based on the description given of Alderonth as a very strict deity. Based on that I see him as not being satisfied with us praying only when we need the spells and given my years spent at the temple I would have had a very strict habit instilled in me that is extremely hard, if not impossible, to break.
But lets be honest... Galen is much more devout than Davros. it will become obvious that Davros never wanted the life he was given, that's why he ran off.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Point taken. :P
Husk

Post by Husk »

To clarify, I am not against speaking to the parents. I just get the strong impression they will have nothing of use to add. More than happy to do introductions so we all kind of know our, and each other's place IC and there's less figuring it out under fire. Then call it an hour and go with the guards.

Again, this is all just my inklings. Not trying to sway anyone, just excited to get to the action.

however asking the bartender whats up with the guards, may bring back something of note ;)