Prelude

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Joe the Rat

Re: Prelude

Post by Joe the Rat »

Keiler looks outside as he listens to the bartender. "Might give this rain a chance to clear out." Turning back to the gathered heroes, he starts speaking. "Probably good to get some more information before we go. Like why the guards ain't rescuin'. Hey fella," Keiler directs towards Thaddeus, "You local?"
Go with a smile!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan heads upstairs to the indicated room and immediately begins his prayer time ritual. He calls on Alderonth for general blessings and safety for the little girl, as well as a special request for the rain to stop. After the hour is up he heads back downstairs to regroup with the others.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

When Davros notices that Galen isn't actively waiting for him to follow him upstairs, he finds a dark corner to sit in and watch the excitement down in the bar. He silently whispers a thank you to 'Old Aldy' for answering his prayer and finding him the adventure he asked for.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
crabus

Post by crabus »

Neville eat slowly. He doesn't understand all what the bartender say whit his huge accent.
He wait that someone decide what to do about the kidnaped girl.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

(OOC: Sorry, guys. Work's been crazy.)
lucky64 wrote:The bartender lets out a hearty laugh "Haha, now that's what I want!" He looks first to Thaddeus and says "They're the Burke family. Lives right across from here. They don't know anything, unfortunatly. The whole thing was in the middle o' the night. The Husband happened to hear something, and went downstairs. Took a beating, he did. They didn't know which way they went, because they were panicking."
Thaddeus nods. "Well, that's right strange, it is. The Burkes, right across from here, you say? Goblins sneak into the fort and kidnap a girl? I never heard the like."
Joe the Rat wrote:"Hey fella," Keiler directs towards Thaddeus, "You local?"
"I am," he replies. "Well, from near here, anyways." He turns to the motley crew assembled in the tavern and says, "Thaddeus Karlton, friends. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." He is fair-haired, broad-shouldered, and stands 6'3". He is clad in leather armor with a shield on his back, wears a sword, bow, and hand axe, and has an embarrassingly thin layer of peach fuzz along his jaw and lip.

He pauses for anyone else who wants to be friendly.

"Well," he says, "do we talk to the family? Or should we just call for the guard?"
Husk

Post by Husk »

Pero pipes up after Thaddeus has said his piece.

"By the sounds of it I would doubt they would be of very much help, aside from perhaps a description of the child. I would however vote in favor of saving any human children in the custody of such wretches."

He looks from one face to another of the small group forming.

"Suppose it is only right to get acquainted before we set off, only takes a moment and the prayers should be finished shortly. I will go next then."

He says with a low bow to the party.

"I go by the name Pero Ashbaugh. I may not be as rough and tumble as the rest of you appear to be, but I am sure you will find I can be quite capable in a pinch. You will have to excuse me from the front line however, my wheelhouse is more geared toward less . . . physical pursuits.

Pleased to make your acquaintance on this most fortuitous day."
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Greetings All! I am Davros, a humble cleric of Alderonth, and my stodgy friend upstairs is Galen. He's a bit more by the book than I am, but me and Alderoth get along just fine.

Davros then smacks his warhammer against hand menacingly.. hoping nobody saw his small wince of pain.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan descends the stairs just in time to hear Davros' introduction. After a short pause, Galan begins his introduction. "Greetings all. I am Galan Slyleaf of the Church of St. Stephen. I have been out on the road in search of our brother Davros here *gestures toward Davros* who disappeared several days ago. I will not trouble you with the details of our trip right now as we have a more important task at hand. While the majority of my time has been spent at the temple I am more than capable of wielding this warhammer when needed and will contribute what I can to help with the rescue. I have called upon Alderonth for traveling mercies and am confident that he will look favorably upon this venture."

After the formal introductions Galan will chime in, "Did anyone uncover any more information regarding the girl?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

In reply to Thaddeus: "Ah, sounds like you're as confused as I am about this problem." Looking over his dress and equipment, he adds, "Looks like you're for solving things the same way I do. With a sharp object."

(During "pray time", Keiler would most likely stay put while more polite folks would look into the family. And he would use that time to ask Gabriel about the family - and what rules are keeping the guards from taking care of this.)

In regards to introductions:
With a grin Keiler gives a short nod and introduces himself to the group, "Keiler Stoutaxe, in case you missed it the first time." He gives Pero a light nudge. Light for Dwarf standards, anyways. "Been travellin' with this beanpole, taking care of the 'physical pursuits' part."

Counting heads, he gets a worried look, and has a question for the bartender. "Er, was that reward 100 gold total, or 100 gold each?" His fingertips on his right hand start rubbing together, unconsciously, as if they were feeling and counting coins.
Go with a smile!
Husk

Post by Husk »

Pero reels from the "nudge" but quickly, if a bit dramatically recovers. when Keiler mentions the reward, Pero almost jumps to clap a hand over his mouth, but ops instead to land it on his shoulder. In a hurried speech he tries to cover up the notion of 100 gold total for the party was ever even an option.

"Well the agreement as I understood it was a hundred gold pieces to anyone who helps find the girl. Our acting in concert should have no bearing on the pay of each individual, as we are each free to act on our own and are only cooperating our efforts for the sake of mutual protection and the expedite return of the child in question."

He stands by the dwarf, doing his best to maintain an "honest" smile. Without giving anyone the chance to press the issue:

"Look at us! Quibbling over something so trivial as money while a young girl's innocence and very life hangs in the balance! I am sure the Noble Lord Helsith, as well as the parents would agree that no price is too high for the child's safe return, or at the very least the eradication of the scourge that robbed her of this world!

Now if our affairs are in order, I say we be off to place our very lives in jeopardy where even the town's guard dare not tread. All for the sake of a poor shivering child, forgotten to all but her parents, the good Lord Helsith and a band of strangers who shall join together to deliver her from perdition!"

His enthusiasm builds considerably through the speech until he is all fire and brimstone. He paces the room and looks upon all its patrons at least once trying to work the crowd. once finished he kicks the door open and steps out into the street, calling out.

"Call for the Guard good Barkeep! We shall discuss payment upon our return!"

The last bit is shouted almost like a motto or battle cry as he looks up and down the street for any of the guard.