Prelude

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Sir Bedivere

Re: Prelude

Post by Sir Bedivere »

lucky64 wrote:(OOC: Since Husk is not here at the moment, I shall shortly take on the roll of Pero.)
Pero breathes a sigh of relive once the mayhem is over. He then decides to search the bodies with Thaddeus, since he dosen't look too good. While searching, he shoots a glance at Thaddeus and says

"Hey, are you okay? You sure did take a nasty wound there."
"Ah, it's just a flesh wound," Thaddeus replies.
dymondy2k wrote:Davros is still sitting there holding the potion. He decides to tap Thaddeus in the shoulder with it to get his attention.
Thaddeus turns. "Right, just what I need," he says, taking the potion and downing it. "I'm in your debt, sir."
Blazeguard wrote:Galan yells back to the others, "Can we get some backup here?!"
"Shall we?" Thaddeus asks, heading toward the fight.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Keller sighs and shifts his axe back to his left hand. "Playin' it like that, greenie?"
OOC: How far are we from the goblin and intersection when we stopped?
Go with a smile!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Davros shoves the empty bottle back into his backpack and nods to Thaddeus..

"You go first and I'll be right behind you!"
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

(OOC: It's 20ft. Once again, for an even shorter time, I'll be Pero.)

Pero Nods, and follows behind Thaddeus, right next to Davros. He readies a knife, knowing that trouble is nearby.

As Galan readies his sling, the goblin makes a rush for something behind him...

Initiative:
Galan 7
Goblin 17

The goblin lurches for a switch, and arrows from conceled silts start firing out!
Saving Throws:
Neville 13
Davros 10
Galan 8
1dmg (OOC: LUCKY!)

Neville dodges the arrows, but Galan and Keiler wern't so quick. Luckly, 'twas only a minor nick. Galan can still fire...
20 (imperfect) = 4dmg
...and kills. The goblin falls down flat from the blow to the head. (Keiler can get his axe back.) The others come around the corner, curious at the sounds of arrows.
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

(Good use of traps there. Just to be clear, 1 damage for both Galan and Keiler?)

"Och, should have seen that one coming" Keiler mutters as he pulls the arrow from his armor, and takes a quick look around. (Map update, please). Assuming no immediate threats, and the goblin isn't standing at an intersection, Keiler will retrieve his axe.
Go with a smile!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan checks the nick on his arm and breathes a quick prayer of thanks to Alderonth.
"Och, should have seen that one coming" Keiler mutters as he pulls the arrow from his armor, and takes a quick look around.
"Aye, it appears that my senses were dulled by the thrill of the chase. Did anyone else get caught in the crossfire?" he asks. After verifying that no one else was seriously injured he begins examining the surroundings. First, he retrieves one of the arrows and examines it for signs of poison or any other type of secondary "trap". Then he checks the trap itself to see if it can be reset as a possible "Ace-in-the-Hole" for later. He also keeps an ear tuned for signs of any other pursuit.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

(OOC: I'm assuming that was Keilor making the saving throw and not Davros?)

As Davros comes around the corner he sees all the arrows lying on the floor. A peek down the hall shows the dead goblin with blood pooling from around his head. He wonders how one goblin could shoot so many arrows at once...
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

OOC: Hi, all. I'm traveling and probably can't check in again until Monday.
crabus

Post by crabus »

OOC: What the current situation ? Can we continue our progress in the cave ?
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Sir Bedivere wrote:OOC: Hi, all. I'm traveling and probably can't check in again until Monday.
That's fine.

Yes, just 1 point on Keiler and Galan.

Examining the arrows, reveals that they're just crudely made. No posion or anything else is on them.
It does seem that the trap can be reset. (Just flip the switch.) Wheather it can fire or not, must be tested.

The ST just applies to Keiler, Neville, and Galan.

No intersection, just a long hallway.

Forgot to mention this, but that healing potion that Thaddeus took restored 5 points.

Map update.

That is all.

HP:
Pero 5/5
Galan 6/7
Keiler 7/9
Neville 4/4
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 9/10
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left