Prelude

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Sir Bedivere

Re: Prelude

Post by Sir Bedivere »

lucky64 wrote:At the gate...
As the halfling passes, the guards notice the man and yell out "And who're you?"
Thaddeus straightens his back to his full six foot three inches. "Thaddeus Karlton, looking for a room for the night, sir."
Husk

Back in the Tavern . . .

Post by Husk »

Pero's attentions pricks up at the mention of caves and vaults.

"We were not properly introduced, I believe the error is my own."

Pointing first to the dwarf and then to himself.

"This fine sir goes by Keiler, and myself by Pero. We are traveling companions who, at the moment, are far from familiar skies."

Moving closer to Gabriel Pero places one of the silver coins, still in his hand on the bar next to his glass.

"You have been most helpful Gabriel, your next drink is paid for. If you should think of, or hear any other items of interest, please be sure to find myself or my friend."

Moving back to their table he sits and picks up his spoon, but places it back down without eating anything. Leaning in to Keiler he says in a low voice;

"There may be something out here worth finding after all. If not that than at least some coin to raise if you are not too tired to swing that bloody mammoth thing."

He picked up his spoon again before setting it back down and looking all over the room. Seems to have filled up rather quickly, and with quite the sorted company. He counted two haflings and another human, all dressed for traveling. They all seemed to sneak in while he was preoccupied. Picking up his spoon again he noticed Keiler staring at one of the other guests.

"Looks like a good night for business . . . wonder where the server has gotten off to ?"
He prattled off before finally digging into the stew and ale.
Joe the Rat

Re: Back in the Tavern . . .

Post by Joe the Rat »

Husk wrote:"This fine sir goes by Keiler, and myself by Pero. We are traveling companions who, at the moment, are far from familiar skies."
Keiler raises his ale again in a toast "Aye. Now if ye don't mind, I'm going to dig in before the bloody joint goes cold." With that, he begins to eat a bit too enthusiastically.
Husk wrote:Moving back to their table he sits and picks up his spoon, but places it back down without eating anything. Leaning in to Keiler he says in a low voice;

"There may be something out here worth finding after all. If not that than at least some coin to raise if you are not too tired to swing that bloody mammoth thing."

He picked up his spoon again before setting it back down and looking all over the room. Seems to have filled up rather quickly, and with quite the sorted company. He counted two haflings and another human, all dressed for traveling. They all seemed to sneak in while he was preoccupied. Picking up his spoon again he noticed Keiler staring at one of the other guests.

"Looks like a good night for business . . . wonder where the server has gotten off to ?"
He prattled off before finally digging into the stew and ale.
Keiler gives Pero a hard look, and starts gesturing with his mug. "Oy. Be glad I've only the pint in me, or I might take offense to you insultin' my axe. It's the right size fer taking limbs off of near anythin'."

After staring seriously at Pero fer a few seconds, Keilier grins ferociously and starts laughing. "Bwa ha ha, it's good to be in a town again... And it looks like a good time to be here." He swings his mug around again, gesturing to the ever-growing number of well-armed travelers. "Ah, my mug's a bit low for this conversation. You need another?" Keiler asks, looking at Pero, Gideon... and Neville. He gets up to head to the bar to grab a round of drinks, making sure not to disturb his axe.
Go with a smile!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Davros takes pause at the last of the bartender's words, then smiles suddenly..

"Stones?? Stones!! I have a whole pocket full of them!!"

Davros sees the bartenders gaze track away from him towards the door and looks behind him. His wonderment at seeing another halfling changes to horror as he realizes its HIM. He quickly turns to the bartender and says..

"I'll do it, I am your man!! I'll not rest until the job is done!!!.. What was the job again?"
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Galan enters the tavern and stops just inside the door to let his eyes adjust to the dim light and shake the rain off. He quickly scans the tavern noticing several patrons that don't appear to be 'locals' but his gaze continues on until it finally stops on the bar where a halfling appears to be in an animated discussion with the bartender...wait...a halfling? Could it be? Yes, it is. Relief washes over him as he starts calling, "Davros, Davros, thank Alderonth, I've finally found you!"

His excitement quickly turns to confusion though as he starts toward the bar only to see a look of horror cross Davros' face as he quickly turns back to the bartender. "Wait, Davros...where are you going?"

As Galan stops in the middle of the tavern, bewildered by this turn of events, his gaze is drawn back to the peculiar collection of 'travelers' already seated at the rough tables.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

At the gate...
"Inn's right across from here. Let me know if you need anything." The guards then step by, letting Thaddeus pass by.

At the inn...
Gabriel smiles and says "You're a very generous man. I'll tell you if I hear anything else." As Keiler gets up Gabriel hands him his silver and says "Good idea, bring me another beer." Gabriel turns his head to Neville and says "Who might you be?"

The bartender quickly shifts his attention back to Darvos. "Oy, you seem determinded. I haven't even told ya what it is yer 'supossed to do. Eh, do you that halfling over there?"
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Thaddeus steps across to the tavern, relieved to be out of the rain. He opens the door and stares for a moment in surprise. "Wha ... is the circus here??"
crabus

Post by crabus »

Neville: Me ? I am just a man in exil, too far away from my country.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Blazeguard wrote:As Galan stops in the middle of the tavern, bewildered by this turn of events, his gaze is drawn back to the peculiar collection of 'travelers' already seated at the rough tables.
"Quite the motley collection of patrons" he thinks as he glances around and then continues on toward the bar. Clasping Davros on the shoulder he says, "Davros, I am so glad I found you. The whole temple has been worried sick about you. What happened to you?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Husk

Post by Husk »

Pero keeps his head down and eats while taking note of all that seems to be unfolding so quickly. Surely all this sudden activity would cause quite a stir and catch the attention of whatever powers around that would have reason to make explorers "disappear".