PBP game

lucky64's Play-by-Post game forum.

Moderator: lucky64

Joe the Rat

Re: PBP game

Post by Joe the Rat »

Husk wrote: @Joe- no reason drop-the-pack TM shouldn't work. I don't know what you're hauling but I'm fully loaded and have about 20lbs before I reach normal load. If you maybe wanted to work out a joint back story to explain why, I wouldn't mind schlepping around some odds and ends for you. That or buy a donkey.
Me and my weapon choices. After armor and a big ol' axe, I've got 15 lb left before I hit heavy enc. One week of rations is 14 by itself. I've actually got equipment down to barest essentials and non-breakables, with a couple of odds and ends like a tinderbox and a grappling hook.

I'm up for pooling stories regardless, and if you want to share the load, I can probably trim a few excesses to make it work. But I'll miss that throwin' axe.
Or both of us could go in on a donkey.

I'll PM on ideas there.
Go with a smile!
Husk

Post by Husk »

Here's what I'm looking at right now

Backpack (4gp) 30/40lbs
Chalk (2gp) *
Glass Bottle (1gp) *
Holywater (10gp) *
Mirror (7gp) *
Ink (8gp) *
Large Sack (1gp) *
Small Sack 2x (1gp) *
Hemp Rope 50' (1gp) 5#
Rations 7x (10gp) 14#
Tinder Box (3gp) 1#
Blanket (1gp) 3#
Water skin (1gp) 2#
Oil 4x (4gp) 4#

Scroll Case (1gp) 1/2#
Paper 7x (7gp)

Daggers 2x (4gp) 2#
Dagger Silver (25gp) 1#
Staff (2sp) 1#
Lantern (8gp) 2#

Total weight 36.5/60
15gp remaining

You can take a look and see if we have any redundancies. I'm all for the shared history, not sure what the cost of a mule or donkey is, but a pony is 40gp without the trappings.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Tinderbox is the only repeat of note

Here's what I've got left:
(Armor)
Chain Mail 40

(Weapons)
Great Axe 15
Dagger 1
Hand axe 5

(Gear)
clothes 1
small sack 0.1
Wine skin 2
Bag o' chalk 0.1

Backpack 0.1
Large Sack (rations) 0.1
Rations 14 in large sack
Whetstone 1
Blanket 3
Large sacks (2) .2

Total 84.4 (70), 13.5 gp left. This is hanging on to the hand axe, and ditching the rope, grapple, tinderbox, and a second wineskin. If you could take the rations and skin for overland, I can take 'em back for dungeon crawl, and dump the pack before battle.

No prices on beasts o' burden, so if we're looking for one, it may be a party purchase in-game.
Go with a smile!
Husk

Post by Husk »

You can keep the hook (unless someone else is taking one) and extra skin if you like. rations 2 skins and hook bring me just under light load. not to mention the rations will get lighter as the trip progresses.
Husk

Post by Husk »

@-Hywaywolf- you got another language coming, and your chance to find a secret door when looking is 1-3 because his Int is 15+ and he's an elf. Not trying to tell any one how to play, just been reading up on Int a lot lately as it's about my bread and butter.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Thanks, I forgot about that extra benefit for secret doors due to intelligence. On the language, I am going to wait until in game to suddenly remember what my extra language is ;)
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Wouldn't you know it. :? You miss a couple of days on the forum and look what happens.

I would love to jump into one of these games so put me on the list in case someone needs to bow out.

Ray
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Blazeguard, take my character or role up a new one. I don't want to hog all the fun, and already said I would bow out if someone else wanted to play.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Thanks Hywaywolf. I haven't seen what Sir Bedivere or dymondy2k have decided but I wouldn't mind playing a Cleric if that's ok. I'll check out the character generation and mull it over for awhile before I pick my race and stat row.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I'm still waffling on race but if I'm playing a Cleric I would like to pick row 15 as long as it's not taken yet.