Prelude: The Arrival

Maliki's forum for his Ragged Isle play-by-post campaign.

Moderator: Maliki

User avatar
Maliki
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:51 pm

Doomis wrote:If all goes well, ask the barmaids and innkeeper about Karthadon. Location, and anything else they may know.
Things didn't go well. :D

Your sleep is interrupted by a thunderclap, just when you are about to convince yourself that is merely a storm, you hear a comotion in the hallway (running feet, a womens scream, cursing etc.) Then the smell of charred flesh reaches your nose.
User avatar
Maliki
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:00 pm

Tular Oakenshield wrote:If all goes well during the night, I will head to the church first thing and see what is needed and of course, get some breakfast.
Things didn't go well.

Your sleep is interrupted by a thunderclap, just when you are about to convince yourself that is merely a storm, you hear a comotion in the hallway (running feet, a womens scream, cursing etc.) Then the smell of charred flesh reaches your nose.
Doomis
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 am

Gather my wits and step out to see what is going on. Dagger in hand.
User avatar
Hilbilystomp
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 am

I let out a cry for help, gather my weapons and attempt to engage the figures by the window.
Any obvious signs of the sword nearby or on their possession, or, even still IN the case?
User avatar
Maliki
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:44 pm

Mithos:

The case is open, sword is spilled onto the floor, near the smoldering husk.

As you gather your weapons the creatures gather their wits, and leap to attack. Moonlight glimmers off small blades the creatures have drawn.

As they close in, you get your first good look at your foes. They stand around 4' tall and are very rat-like in appearance.

The first creature swings wildly and misses, but the second manages a glancing blow (3 damage).
User avatar
Maliki
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:50 pm

Doomis wrote:Gather my wits and step out to see what is going on. Dagger in hand.
As you enter the hallway, you are nearly run over by a shrieking barmaid (Becca) who rushes by screaming "Monsters!".

A door is partially opened at the end of the hall, the sound of battle comes from within, along with the overpowering smell of burnt flesh and hair.
Doomis
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:31 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:54 am

Not a good sign. I cast my shield spell on myself and when it takes effect I make way for the door, keeping an eye out for anything in the hall as I go.
Tular Oakenshield
Posts: 35
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:28 pm

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Grab my mace and shield and prepare to attack!
User avatar
Hilbilystomp
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:25 am

I keep attacking the rat-creatures with my shortsword/dagger.
User avatar
Maliki
Posts: 278
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:44 am

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:22 pm

Mithos slashes across one of the creatures chest with his sword, sending it stumbling backwards. He tries to follow up, but his second swing misses the mark, as does his dagger thrust.

I'll assume Mithos continues to battle the pair of creatures, while Ahrgest and Mendel follow the sound of battle to the room. (If otherwise let me know)
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest