Prelude: The Arrival

Maliki's forum for his Ragged Isle play-by-post campaign.

Moderator: Maliki

Maliki

Prelude: The Arrival

Post by Maliki »

Should be up this weekend to kick things off.
Maliki

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post by Maliki »

Under the control of Captain Tully, the Wench of the Waves glides into the the island port of Seagard, just as the sun begins to set. As the first mate, Bronn, barks orders to the crew of four, Mouse, the halfling lookout scrambles down from his perch on the ships mast, for the first time since the Wench left Starks Landing this morning.

Turning toward the three of you, almost boastful the Captain says "And not a sign of the Red Sails. Now off with you three, we've got cargo to unload."

On the docks, workers prepare to recieve the ships cargo and merchants wait to inspect their goods. As the gangplank is lowered three men wearing the crest of the local lord board the ship and head towards the Captain.

"Tax collectors" Whispers Mouse as you wait to leave the ship. "Don't forget, if you're free, we usually gather at the Blackfish for a few rounds after we unload."
Tular Oakenshield

Post by Tular Oakenshield »

Sounds like a fine idea Mouse says Ahrgest.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

With a quick nod, Mouse hurries away to "help" unload the cargo.
Tular Oakenshield

To my two compatriots I ask Shall we find the nearest inn? I could use a hot meal and a place to lay my head for a bit.
Hilbilystomp

Post by Hilbilystomp »

Sounds reasonable enough, I suppose we have dallied on this boat for long enough.
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

"Aye, a bit too long if'n ya ask me. Some food that doesn't come up as easy as goes down would be grand" Replies the slightly sea-sickened gnome.
Last edited by Doomis on Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tular Oakenshield

To the inn then! Perhaps we'll find ourselves some payin' work while we're at it. Savin' souls and crushin' skulls would be even better!
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

"As far as the inn goes I can kin oblige ye. But alas, I have pressin' business that i must attend ta. So sayin', I would be willin ta meet up agin soon after. But business be business, an I be in the business of stuffin me tater pouch at the moment"
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Leaving the ship you make your way along the main thoroughfare leaving the docks and warehouses behind as the ground gently slopes up away from the shore, soon you find yourselves in the town square. From your new vantage point you survey the town of Seagard.

Below you the docks are central to the town, to either side ramshackled fishermen huts dot the shoreline. A large war galley is moored to a docks and men scurry to and fro busily loading supplies. In the blue waters of the bay, a stone tower rests atop a small island a few hundred yards off shore. To the west a small keep overlooks the town.

The square itself has a large fountain at its center, with various shops surrounding, but the merchants and craftsmen are appear to be gone for the day. Suddenly from the doorway, over which a weathered sign showing a black fish swings in the breeze, the sound of singing catches you ear.