Prelude: The Arrival

Maliki's forum for his Ragged Isle play-by-post campaign.

Moderator: Maliki

Maliki

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post by Maliki »

The husk appears to be another of the ratmen.
Tular Oakenshield

Post by Tular Oakenshield »

If everyone appears unharmed, I search the bodies. Where did they come from etc... Also, what's the deal with the sword? Where did it come from and who did it belong to?
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

The ratmen have only slim, rapier like swords, they appear to have entered through a window. The sword appears to have been within a case, a case that you seen Mithos carrying while on board the ship.
Hilbilystomp

Post by Hilbilystomp »

"The sword is mine, or rather, I was sent to deliver it to an order of monks on this island by my uncle, who crafted the blade. As for why these ratmen attacked, and what caused this one to burn up like this, these are things I do not know. But, something seems strange about this."

"Perhaps your superiors at the church, or you, gnome, would know more about these arcane runes on this case?"

I put the sword back in its case, are the locks broken on the case, or were they merely unlocked?
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

The case will still close and latch, but not lock.
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

Take a look at the runes. I suspect it was a glyph of warding, but still examine for any familiar looking symbols etc... "Well then lets ave a looky see"
Tular Oakenshield

watch with much interest...
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Doomis wrote:Take a look at the runes. I suspect it was a glyph of warding, but still examine for any familiar looking symbols etc... "Well then lets ave a looky see"
Not much trace of the magics on the box, but you have heard of such protective spells. Judging by the outcome you are fairly sure the magics were indeed quite powerful.
Tular Oakenshield

After breaking fast, I'll head over to the Church and see if I can get any information regarding any recent, similar incidents.
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

Look around for Becca or any other locals that may still be near and inquire about these ratmen.