Prelude: The Arrival

Maliki's forum for his Ragged Isle play-by-post campaign.

Moderator: Maliki

Maliki

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post by Maliki »

Doomis wrote:If all goes well, ask the barmaids and innkeeper about Karthadon. Location, and anything else they may know.
Things didn't go well. :D

Your sleep is interrupted by a thunderclap, just when you are about to convince yourself that is merely a storm, you hear a comotion in the hallway (running feet, a womens scream, cursing etc.) Then the smell of charred flesh reaches your nose.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Tular Oakenshield wrote:If all goes well during the night, I will head to the church first thing and see what is needed and of course, get some breakfast.
Things didn't go well.

Your sleep is interrupted by a thunderclap, just when you are about to convince yourself that is merely a storm, you hear a comotion in the hallway (running feet, a womens scream, cursing etc.) Then the smell of charred flesh reaches your nose.
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

Gather my wits and step out to see what is going on. Dagger in hand.
Hilbilystomp

Post by Hilbilystomp »

I let out a cry for help, gather my weapons and attempt to engage the figures by the window.
Any obvious signs of the sword nearby or on their possession, or, even still IN the case?
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Mithos:

The case is open, sword is spilled onto the floor, near the smoldering husk.

As you gather your weapons the creatures gather their wits, and leap to attack. Moonlight glimmers off small blades the creatures have drawn.

As they close in, you get your first good look at your foes. They stand around 4' tall and are very rat-like in appearance.

The first creature swings wildly and misses, but the second manages a glancing blow (3 damage).
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Doomis wrote:Gather my wits and step out to see what is going on. Dagger in hand.
As you enter the hallway, you are nearly run over by a shrieking barmaid (Becca) who rushes by screaming "Monsters!".

A door is partially opened at the end of the hall, the sound of battle comes from within, along with the overpowering smell of burnt flesh and hair.
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

Not a good sign. I cast my shield spell on myself and when it takes effect I make way for the door, keeping an eye out for anything in the hall as I go.
Tular Oakenshield

Post by Tular Oakenshield »

Grab my mace and shield and prepare to attack!
Hilbilystomp

Post by Hilbilystomp »

I keep attacking the rat-creatures with my shortsword/dagger.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Mithos slashes across one of the creatures chest with his sword, sending it stumbling backwards. He tries to follow up, but his second swing misses the mark, as does his dagger thrust.

I'll assume Mithos continues to battle the pair of creatures, while Ahrgest and Mendel follow the sound of battle to the room. (If otherwise let me know)