Prelude: The Arrival

Maliki's forum for his Ragged Isle play-by-post campaign.

Moderator: Maliki

Tular Oakenshield

Re: Prelude: The Arrival

Post by Tular Oakenshield »

Ahrgest heads toward the music, I'm supposing this is the Inn. Saunter up to the bar and: Ale and your meatiest stew! A private room as well if you will. Look the room over for any interesting characters and/or shady types.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

"Hobb"Yells the Barkeep "We need a bowl of your finest!"

Taking a look around, the room is rather empty, a pair of serving wenches stand close to a small stage where a young minstrel sings an old ballad of a sea captain and his lost love. An old crone smokes a pipe near a large fireplace at the other end of the tavern. Half a dozen empty tables fill the space between.

A moment later a fat balding cook brings out a bowl of steaming stew, and along with several hunks of bread and a bit of cheese. You can't help but notice the cook is missing several (7 in fact) fingers. The barkeep then finishes your order with a mug of ale.

"Becca" he yells towards the stage "Prepare a room for our young priest, and you Kyra leave Lann alone, we have guests, time to earn your keep girl."

Reluctantly the wenches leave the minstrel, one heading up the stairs to prepare a room, the other approaches the Half-elf and gnome and says "What will it be boys?"
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

"Ahh, now that stew there looks a bit good, I'll take some meself an a bottle o' wine ta flush her down"
Hilbilystomp

Post by Hilbilystomp »

"An order of stew for me as well then, and a glass of wine to go with it, please, as well as a room for myself,"says Mithos, as he joins his travelling companions.

"So, what brings you fellows out here?"
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

The wench returns shortly with two more bowls of stew, more bread and cheese as well as a bottle of wine. "Here you go boys, Three Fingered Hobbs specialty." To Mithos and Ahrgest she says, "Your rooms will be ready shortly." and to the gnome "Will you be taking a room as well good sir or will it be the common room for you?"
Doomis

Post by Doomis »

Oh, yes of course. A private room if'n ya have it, miss. Me mind is elsewhere. Gettin off the boat an all, me brain is still swishin round.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

As she hurries away to prepare your room, locals begin to fill the common room.
Tular Oakenshield

When the serving wench returns Might you be knowin' where some honest work be found?
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

The wench looks a little surprised by your request. "Are you not here to assist Elonna at the church, good sir? Rumors had mentioned a young priest coming to assist her, and I assumed it was of you they spoke. Honest work may always be found on the docks, there is always ships to load or unload.
Tular Oakenshield

Ah yes, I'll be heading for the church after I get a bit of rest in. A little side work is always a good way to find converts and raise a bit of money for the church. Thank you kindly for the information.