Basic Fantasy Field Guide Volume 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Fraetor

Re: Basic Fantasy Field Guide 2

Post by Fraetor »

Thank you Andy,
I have added these fixes to my edit.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Please make sure that Andy's name is added to the proofer's list, if it's not there already. And thanks to both of you for your efforts in getting this one ready!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Fraetor

Post by Fraetor »

Note to chiisu:
The Golems will need reordering, as I have split the golems that shared a table previously. I have done this as the golems that were paired were entirely separate monsters.
AJS1956

Post by AJS1956 »

Hi,

I'm currently creating a single document with all the monsters from the core rules and the first two field guides so I'm spotting some minor typos as I go along (all r27).

Gemanite Serpent

In the fourth paragraph it says ', and will effect those with hit dice'

it should be 'affect'

Gemanite Serpent, Green

In the description it says 'adventurers will revel the location'

it should be 'reveal'

Gemanite Serpent, White

the damage for bite and constrict seem to have been swapped for ages 3 and 4.

Giant, Sand

In the second paragraph it says 'were they grow date palms.'

it should be 'where'

Golem, Glass

In the description it says 'as they can can cast an'

'can' has been duplicated.

Golem, Tin

The stats do not match those given in BF3. The differences are in Hit Dice, No. of Attacks, Damage, No. Appearing, and Treasure.

Monsters with no treasure

If a monster has no treasure should it say 'None' or is 'Nil' acceptable? There are a few instances where it says 'Nil.' These are; Golem, Glass, Golem, Household, Golem, Lead.
Note that the Amalgam and the Fairies have 'none' instead.

Andy
Fraetor

Post by Fraetor »

Thanks Andy, I have integrated those changes into my edit. I have currently added you to the proofreader credits as 'Andy', if you would like to be credited differently, please PM me (or chiisu).
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Good catches Andy. Could have sworn I already fixed the Tin Golem stats, but I'll double-check that for next release.
AJS1956 wrote:If a monster has no treasure should it say 'None' or is 'Nil' acceptable? There are a few instances where it says 'Nil.' These are; Golem, Glass, Golem, Household, Golem, Lead.
Note that the Amalgam and the Fairies have 'none' instead.
"None" is the standard.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Andy, you scared me. I just checked BF3 R40, in fear that I had failed to update the stats, but they seem to match P&P's stats from his original post here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=697&p=61499#p61499
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AJS1956

Post by AJS1956 »

Hi,

A few more (G through to M now).

Griffon, Hawksian

In the first paragraph it says 'does not posses wings'

This should be possess

Jotenkin

Should the 'standard' damage be 1d8+1 if they all get +1 weapon damage?

Living Furniture

The No. Appearing looks wrong. Should Wild and lair be transposed?

Thanks,

Oh and please use Andy Scarfe as my name

Andy
Fraetor

Post by Fraetor »

Added to edit. I have updated your credit as well.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Here are the edits for Version 27:

Page 2; Advi, Avenger, Advi, Charity, and Advi, Diligence
Since you said the name sections are correct, the names will need to be reversed in the descriptions Avenger Advi, Charity Advi and Diligence Advi respectively.

Page 22, Diabolus, paragraph 2 -
Currently - dealing 1d6+1 damage per rounds.
Should be - dealing 1d6+1 damage per round.

Page 22, Diabolus, paragraph 3 -
Currently - Powerful vampires have been know to deliberately starve rivals and disobedient thralls until they become a diabolus,
Should be - Powerful vampires have been known to deliberately starve rivals and disobedient thralls until they become a diabolus,

Page 24, Duckbear, paragraph 1 -
Currently - grey
Should be – gray

Using the UK spelling.

Page 27, Dwarrow, paragraph 1 -
Currently - Dwarrows hates Dwarves and will attack them first unless ordered otherwise. A dwarrow suffers the same weapon restrictions as Dwarves.
Should be - Dwarrows hate Dwarves and will attack them first unless ordered otherwise. A dwarrow suffers the same weapon restrictions as a Dwarf.

Subject/verb numerical agreement.

Page 24, Mountain Fairy, paragraph 1 -
Currently - grey
Should be – gray

Using the UK spelling.

page 44, Hiveling, paragraph 3
Currently – pick pockets
Should be – Pick Pockets

From the Style Guide: “The names of Thief abilities should always be capitalized but not bold.”

Page 50, Leprechaun, paragraph 2 -
Currently - A leprechaun is very fearful of humans and Dwarfs, because it believe that these races desire their gold.
Should be – A leprechaun is very fearful of humans and Dwarves, because it believes that these races desire their gold.

Page 51, Leprechaun, paragraph 3 -
Currently - A leprechaun has some Thief-like abilities including pick pockets, move silently, and hide. It also has spell-like abilities that can be used at-will, including teleport, confusion, and bane. A leprechaun will use the hide and move silently skills to try and avoid a party. If a party does happen to catch one, the leprechaun will use pick pocket to steal any gold on the person that is holding it.
Should be - A leprechaun has some Thief-like abilities including Pick Pockets, Move Silently, and Hide, the skills are used at the equivalent of a 15th level Thief. It also has spell-like abilities that can be used at-will, including teleport, confusion, and bane. A leprechaun will use the Hide and Move Silently skills to try and avoid a party. If a party does happen to catch one, the leprechaun will use Pick Pocket to steal any gold on the person that is holding it.

From the Style Guide: “The names of Thief abilities should always be capitalized but not bold.”. I also put a level on the skills.

Page 51, Leprechaun, paragraph 4 -
Currently - There is rumor of a leprechaun king, an exceptionally wealthy leprechaun, with a very twisted idea of how to make a wish turn back on the person making the wish;
Should be - There is rumor of a leprechaun king, use level 20 for determining Thief like skills, an exceptionally wealthy leprechaun, with a very twisted idea of how to make a wish turn back on the person making the wish;

Put a level on the skills for a leprechaun king.

Page 52, Living furniture, paragraph 3 -
Currently - A dispelled magic spell does not stop these creatures from living.
Should be - A dispel magic spell does not stop these creatures from living.

The style guide mentions, “Spells should be lower-case and bold.”.

Page 62, The Quizmaster, paragraph 1 -
Currently - grey
Should be - gray
Using the UK spelling

Page 62, Rabbit Snake, paragraph 1 -
Currently: The Rabbit Snake is just as it sounds: a snake with the head of a rabbit and the tail of a rabbit. The average specimen is around 9’ long and is covered in patches of fur sticking out from underneath scales, which are shed when the snake sheds its skin. Its coloration can vary but is generally similar to that of rabbits that inhabit the same region. Their skin can be quite valuable as it is normally aesthetically pleasing and highly resistant to most kind of acids. They can disguise themselves as rabbits using the grass to cover their more snake-like features, bobbing up and down to give the appearance of jumping. They are normally found in mild climates and grasslands and live underground in burrows preying on rabbits, deer, and similar creatures.
Should be: The Rabbit Snake is just as it sounds: a snake with the head and tail of a rabbit. The average specimen is around 9’ long and is covered in patches of fur sticking out from underneath scales, which are shed when the snake sheds its skin. Its coloration can vary but is generally similar to that of rabbits that inhabit the same region. Their skin can be quite valuable as it is normally aesthetically pleasing and highly resistant to most kinds of acids. They can disguise themselves as rabbits using the grass to cover their more snake-like features, bobbing up and down to give the appearance of jumping. They are normally found in mild climates and grasslands and live underground in burrows preying on rabbits, deer, and similar creatures.

Page 65, Lightning Salamander, paragraph 2 -
Currently - Is is intelligent and can speak the language of the Plane of Air, and many will also know Elvish, Common, and/or Dragon.
Should be – Lightning salamanders are intelligent and can speak the language of the Plane of Air, and many will also know Elvish, Common, and/or Dragon.
Double words (Is is).

Page 65, Sand Salamander, paragraph 1 -
Currently - grey
Should be - gray
Using the UK spelling

Page 66, Wind Salamander, paragraph 1 -
Currently - A wind salamander is constantly surrounded by strong winds, and all creatures within 20' of the monster has their movement halved and are pushed 1d6x10' per round.
Should be - A wind salamander is constantly surrounded by strong winds, and all creatures within 20' of the monster have their movement halved and are pushed 1d6x10' per round.

Page 66, Dread Scarecrow, paragraph 3 -
Currently – savings throw
Should be – saving throw

Page 78, Tyrannobeak, paragraph 1 -
Currently – tyrrannobeak
Should be – tyrannobeak

Page 78, Ushac, paragraph 1 -
Currently - grey
Should be - gray
Using the UK spelling

Page 78, Ushac, paragraph 3 -
Currently - chain armor
Should be - chain mail armor

Page 84, Monsters by Hit Dice; 1 Hit Dice -
Currently -

Bazeley’s Marvelous Spheres, Sphere
Recombinant

Should be -

Recombinant

Page 85, Monsters by Hit Dice; 8 Hit Dice -
Currently -

Imprisoner

Should be -

Imprisoner

Page 85, Monsters by Hit Dice; 8 Hit Dice -
Currently -

Major

Should be -

Major

Set paragraph to have .25 inch indent before text then set first line to be -.25 inches I couldn't show it the way I did it in LibreOffice. Just wanted to make sure the second line wasn't lost as another creature.

Page 87, OGLl Leprechaun -
Currently - AlMan
Should be – Alan Vetter

Druid, and necromancer supplements are mentioned but not included in the list of copy written material.