BF1 Morgansfort

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
bhyeti

Re: BF1 Morgansfort

Post by bhyeti »

orobouros wrote: Personally, I'm fond of xfig. It's ancient but for the kind of things many maps need it's entirely sufficient as a vector drawing program. Granted, it probably wouldn't scale too well, but (a) I know it and (b) it's free.
I assume you run xfig on linux if so which one? I shopping for a new distro.
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

Arch Linux. I've used a few others before and certain other distros are good for their purpose, but for me Arch works best.

To keep this RPG related: I've had zero problems doing any of the typical online VTT RPG activites under Arch. Web browsing works fine as do all VTT sites I've visited. Discord has perhaps been the most difficult, only because it needs non-standard (to Arch) C++ libraries installed (which were easy to install). Tons of FOSS is available and using Libre Office for working on the BFRPG template was a breeze.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

My mind has left me, it's true. I would have sworn I had artwork from someone of Starisel Zelinth and Gwelayne... in fact, I'm sure of it. But I can't find it...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Uploading R27 now. It's a print release candidate, a minor update to the 2nd Edition; I'm not going to bump the edition number because the changes are pretty minor.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Really like the new maps! Will give this a look over after BF3.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, Chi, have you had a chance to check out the new R27 PDF yet? If you can let me know by Monday evening, I can get it uploaded and maybe release it side-by-side with BF3.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Checked over R27 again this morning and everything looks good as far as I can tell.
Cryanhall

Post by Cryanhall »

I was running this last weekend and I found something.

Room #5 in “The Nameless Dungeon” has a lever to disable the trap in room #19 (Spear Trap). Room #16 (Secret Room with crossbow trap) says room #5’s lever turns off this trap, not the one in #19.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Cryanhall wrote:I was running this last weekend and I found something.

Room #5 in “The Nameless Dungeon” has a lever to disable the trap in room #19 (Spear Trap). Room #16 (Secret Room with crossbow trap) says room #5’s lever turns off this trap, not the one in #19.
Should have been #16. Gah. So I guess there will be an R28 shortly...

I have also made the spelling consistent for the Olde Island Fortress. Since the maps say Olde, I'm going with that... not changing them again.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

BF1 Morgansfort: The Western Lands Campaign, Release 28 -- February 05, 2018: Chris Hall found one more error, leading to this corrected version. This is a print release candidate, which I will try to get out by Valentine's Day.