Core Rules French Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Core Rules French Translation

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not sure I like that second item. Let me think on it some.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

starting removing monster categories and sort them back in alphabetical order.I realized that no version of libreoffice I tested look correct (i see a couple of corruption in two tables , mercenaries and turn undead tablse). I even installed an Ubuntu under virtualbox with LO ver sion 5.2.5.1 ans still see some corruption (minor, apparently, but still).
Do you have a specific configuration for your LO, like specific fonts or Something (beside gothic and soutane that i reinstalled on virtualbox too, that fixed a few errors).
Hopefully the generated stuff will be okay, i'll double check with your pdf.
That's might take some time.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going to say this again: do not worry about the layout issues. I will fix them. I can't begin to explain to you how to get it to be stable on your system. I just need you to do the part that I can't do, AKA French, and I will deal with the rest.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Hi, I uploaded version 753 https://basicfantasy.org/showcase-downl ... fra753.odt.
I removed the monster categorization, and fixed a few remaining typos.
I let the boxed examples as well as the two magic objects that illustrate the magic stuff creation, I let you decide whether to keep it or not.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Can you explain your version numbering to me? There surely haven't been 753 different versions of this document... I generally increase numbers only when new public releases are made.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

I started the way you do, but I realize now that it is no more consistent, i just increase the number when I create a internal backup. I would say this release could be .8. Feel free to fix this in your next update and i will realign the showcase accordingly
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The purpose of release numbers is to allow someone who has downloaded a file to be sure it's current; there should never be two copies in the wild with the same number and different contents. That said, incrementing the number more frequently doesn't hurt anything, it's just confusing to me.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

For work on my machine, I use the date within the filename (basically a "poor man's versioning").

For work posted on the forums, showcase, and downloads page, just bump the number by 1 each time. We don't care if you're on "r5" or "r329470239". Same seems to go for Chrome and now Firefox. ;)
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

I just uploaded a GM screen and a translation of the adventure Template, there:
https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=125
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

Hello Solo, I don't know your plan for the french paper version, I wanted to let you know that I posted a new version containing a few minor typo fixes (thank you to Chsic for his comments).
https://basicfantasy.org/showcase-downl ... -fra76.odt