BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

Tweaked the map, and finished (well, completed, anyway) the Tower of Light. As of right now, only House of Coldarius needs textual updates.

So I'm posting R24 right now. It's not impossible that R25 might actually make it up today, but I'd say more likely Monday.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Working my way through House of Coldarius room by room. It contains a lot of submitted material, which is good, but I haven't done any fitting at all to make the submitted material work together with the existing stuff. So it's a bit of a slog, but that's my fault. I'm done with the rooms up to room 6 at this point; probably won't release R25 until I make it to the end of them.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just uploaded R25 with my recently-completed Thaumerion's Tower added. Chi, if you have time, please give this one a proofing pass; I'll hold off finishing it until you have, as I'm working on CS1 right now anyway.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

House of Coldarius room #33

Corridor

The door at the top of the stairs is actually a mimic (Field Guide p.48).

Mimic: AC 13, HD 7**, #AT 1, dam 3d4, Mv 10 ft, Sv F7, ML 10, XP 800.

Hp 34 ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]] ]]]]

If the mimic rolls a natural "20" to hit then its target has fallen down the stairs, which inflicts an additional 1d4 damage.

This particular mimic has engulfed an amplifying earring. If killed, the earring (which appears as a simple hoop made of a copper-gold alloy) will be expelled from the corpse.

The earring doubles the wearer's hearing effectiveness, giving them a 50% chance to detect invisible creatures within 30 ft. Attempts to sneak up on the wearer are 50% likely to fail. However, very loud noise (such as a lightning bolt spell cast indoors) within 30 ft will stun the wearer, incapacitating them for 1d6 rounds.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Chi, if you haven't started (and I assume you haven't), please hold off while I integrate P&P's new material. I'll post another version soon.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

I only posted one room! Save it for the next update :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nah, I'm banging through House of Coldarius, fixing things. I'm not in a creative mode right now, but there are plenty of rooms that just need some fleshing out or proofing. Chi mostly works on weekdays, so this should work out fine.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Will wait for R26 and then dive in.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Your wait is over. R26 is up. Besides integrating P&P's new room, I've fixed up the pitch skeleton/normal skeleton rooms with boxed text and proper stats, and touched up a couple of other bits of House of Coldarius.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Incidentally, regarding House of Coldarius... I'm not sure it needs a lot more monsters. Some "empty" rooms (full of time-wasting details, but really empty) might be called for. Also, need to make sure there is actually some treasure in there... a vampire wizard ought to have at least some, right?