BFRPG Character Funnel alternate version

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Hywaywolf

BFRPG Character Funnel alternate version

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, I have started writing a chargen adventure module based on the ideas created by Ancienttoasters Basic fantasy Character Funnel supplement. viewtopic.php?f=19&t=603

I have actually never written a module and have little experience with libreoffice so its a bit of a mess. I went in a slightly different direction in chargen than Ancienttoaster did, but its pretty similar. I don't know how to properly credit him or if I can even do what I have done to his supplement. A little direction in this area will be a great help.

I have the character generation pieces mostly completed, but needed to add damage types to the various makeshift weapons. And I might tinker with the trade goods part of the table a bit more but other than grammar, spell and style checks I am mostly done with that. I am sure that if anyone reviews this I will find I am sadly mistaken in this assumption.

I have mostly completed 6 of 10 rooms, but need to edit and proofread it to see what I have screwed up. I also need to add some treasure and of course complete the last 4 rooms.

I know this is pretty much a pre-draft draft of an early draft, but if anyone wants to comment it on it I would sure appreciate it. I've been working on it most of teh weekend and find this is more draining than I thought it would be lol. so, sorry about not spell checking it or proofreading. I just need a break and dinner needs to be cooked.
Attachments
A-Funny-Thing-Happened-On-The-Way-To-The-Market-r2.pdf
(368.02 KiB) Downloaded 451 times
A-Funny-Thing-Happened-On-The-Way-To-The-Market-r2.odt
(363.54 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Hywaywolf

Re: A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Market

Post by Hywaywolf »

Also, the town isn't really called funneltown nor is the dungeon called Funnel Tunnel. They are just working titles that will be easy to find and replace when I am feeling more toponymyly creative.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R2 uploaded.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

thanks. Much cleaner than my messy knit job.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, I have it mostly completed except for the last 3 rooms and maybe some more treasure. I have no idea if the completed rooms are too easy or too hard for zero level characters so the last 3 rooms need to wait until I figure that out. I believe it is pretty playable at this point.

I added weapon damage to the chart, optional body features, changed the village name to “Saeturvatn” and the tunnel complex to “Under the Dome of the Copper Sun”, did some work on room 6, added a small preamble, edited some phrasings and a few simple rewrites, and added content for room 5.

I don't know why I wrote this since I never DM so I don't know when I will use it. I just completed the zero level dungeon for a Dungeon Crawl Classics funnel run by a guy at my local game store. It was fun, but the hook that brought normal men into a dangerous dungeon never felt fully set. There was something destroying local villages and we volunteered to find out what it was before it reached ours. that just wasn't enough of a reason to continuously walk into harms way over and over when it would be much easier to just return to town and pack up and move.

So I wrote this to get the ideas out of my head.