Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 3rd Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
artikid

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 3rd Edition

Post by artikid »

Elwing wrote:buongiorno, this is clear now, I believe then that the relative low cost of 50 gp is compensated by this 7 days offset, the final cost is comparable to other magic objects. Looks good to me as is, grazie mille ;)
BTW, you have VERY nice artworks on your site, congrat sir !
Grazie Elwing!
BTW I think that another look at those rules might be a good idea, I haven't looked at them with a critical eye in the last 10 years.
Elwing

Post by Elwing »

agreed. it looks ok for me (i am a D&D newbie, still), but maybe experienced players have some comments.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Was one of artikid's spell write-ups ready to go into R108, or did it need more refinement and/or feedback?
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Elwing wrote:buongiorno, this is clear now, I believe then that the relative low cost of 50 gp is compensated by this 7 days offset, the final cost is comparable to other magic objects. Looks good to me as is, grazie mille ;)
BTW, you have VERY nice artworks on your site, congrat sir !
It still cost less making a 1st or 2nd level potion than inscribing a scroll of the same level. Maybe something could be done for that, but I don't exactly know what.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

chiisu81 wrote:Was one of artikid's spell write-ups ready to go into R108, or did it need more refinement and/or feedback?
I'm not nearly ready to dig into this yet. Artikid's work looks good overall, but I have to be in the right frame of mind before I open up the Core Rules to work on them.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Fraetor

Post by Fraetor »

I have been editing entries for the field guide 2 for a month or so now and monsters in it are styled into the singular for consistency.
Re-reading the core rules I noticed this was not the case in all of the monster entries, and that it was rather inconsistent.

Would it be worth it if I went through the core rules and produced versions of the monster entries that, where applicable, use the singular?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Probably not worth doing now. I don't anticipate doing a rewrite that significant for several years.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

On a related note to the equipment emporium;

I noticed that the grizzly bear entry says they "weigh more than 1,800 lbs and stand nearly 9 feet tall." This seems very large. A quick search gives me that most male grizzlies are around 500-800 lbs with occasional outliers up to 1,700 lbs standing almost 10 feet tall.

Not super important, but odd nonetheless.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Monster statistics were mostly taken from the SRD; I suspect that's where the grizzly bear info came from. IF I ever decide to do another release, that might get fixed.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Regarding the Hydra, it shows a varying AC and HD, I assume its based on the number of heads, but no guideline is given, also, regarding its XP, should it include the xp for firebreathing hydras? If so, max XP should be raised to 1975.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/