The Unusual Predicament of Sophie De Murtas

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Re: The Unusual Predicament of Sophie De Murtas

Post by AlMan »

Wow!!! :shock: That sounds like you're just at the beginning of this!!! If that's the case, this could be a full blown module of its own. I look forward to reading the entire adventure. Thank you for such a great start.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:The Cheiropterans and the Nazgoreans are separate factions but interrelated in that the Cheiropterans are looking for a way to control the Nazgoreans.
Control Nazgoreans? Easier by far to herd cats.

:D

Doesn't mean they won't try to control them...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

I can herd my cat. I can make her run to me; all I need to do is open the fridge door and she instantly appears. Even if she was at the bottom of the garden a moment ago. I can also make her run away from me and hide in obscure places where I can't find her for hours; all I need to do is make an appointment with the vet.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Indeed, as I said... you know how she is motivated. No one knows what motivates Nazgoreans.
PapersAndPaychecks

I've been thinking of them as creatures so alien that players can't follow their thought patterns at all.

The Cheiropterans will be trying to motivate them via hunger. But -- you know that scene in Jurassic Park, where they try to lure the T-Rex with the tied-up goat, and T-Rex doesn't come because she doesn't want to be fed -- she wants to hunt?

I expect one of the most effective ways to end the scenario is to feed the Cheiropterans to the Nazgoreans. :)

I think I need to invent some new kinds of Nazgorean for this by the way.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

If it helps, I entered another Nazgorian into the Field Guide 2 thread (and already appears in the document Chi has been keeping updated).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
PapersAndPaychecks

Ooh! I like the Nehnite a lot. Now the Nazgoreans have more of a controlling/directing intelligence. (How does the Nehnite control its minions? Pheromones? Telepathy?)

This adventure's got to have a badass one with a Grey Render, maybe two or three apprentices, and a small group of Frogmen. (What's the collective noun for Frogmen? A hop of Frogmen? Maybe a Dive?)

I'm also going to need a really vicious Nazgorean boss. Might have to design something like a Nazgorean Elder... Nazgorean Abomination... Nazgorean Eldritch Horror... Nazgorean Teepeekay...
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Ooh! I like the Nehnite a lot. Now the Nazgoreans have more of a controlling/directing intelligence. (How does the Nehnite control its minions? Pheromones? Telepathy?)

This adventure's got to have a badass one with a Grey Render, maybe two or three apprentices, and a small group of Frogmen. (What's the collective noun for Frogmen? A hop of Frogmen? Maybe a Dive?)

I'm also going to need a really vicious Nazgorean boss. Might have to design something like a Nazgorean Elder... Nazgorean Abomination... Nazgorean Eldritch Horror... Nazgorean Teepeekay...
Control mechanism left out intentionally. A mystery, or otherwise left to individual GM to decide on their own.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The means of control should absolutely never appear in print.
PapersAndPaychecks

Hmm.... how's this for a climactic encounter in this scenario?

(Later edit: Never mind, scrap this idea.)
Last edited by PapersAndPaychecks on Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.