[AA2] Tomb of Thorin Zuse

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Fastjack2xs

[AA2] Tomb of Thorin Zuse

Post by Fastjack2xs »

Here is a small sideline adventure that I ran for my group of four 3rd level characters and one 2nd level multi-class character.

Of course negotiation is not part of their play so they killed all the male goblins while the females escaped. And the group almost didn't find the secret door in room 11 and had almost decided to leave the dungeon before the elven fighter-mage decided to search the room one more time and found the secret door. And our thief wound up 1 hp away from death from a fall in that last pit trap.

All in all, we had a lot of fun with it. And the characters walked away with a little more experience and a whole lot richer.

I am attaching an Open Office file of the adventure map and key. I've also included a copy of the Open Game License at the end so that it's all legal and stuff.

This adventure can be found in AA2 on the Downloads page.
Last edited by Fastjack2xs on Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Fastjack2xs

Re: Tomb of Thorin Zuse

Post by Fastjack2xs »

Did a little editing and re-formatting. Hopefully it's all good now.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Very cool! 8-) For the HP checkboxes they would look/work better using the tool found on this website. Also, the maps are a bit pixelated, do you have higher-res versions of those? I like the isometric view, a different take on a dungeon map! With some polishing this may have to go into AA2. 8-)
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

chiisu81 wrote:Very cool! 8-) For the HP checkboxes they would look/work better using the tool found on this website. Also, the maps are a bit pixelated, do you have higher-res versions of those? I like the isometric view, a different take on a dungeon map! With some polishing this may have to go into AA2. 8-)

Thanks Chiisu for the heads-up about the HP checkbox tool, I'll rework all of that. As for the maps, those are the only ones I have. I downloaded the isometric grid and then used the paint feature on my computer to draw the maps. I've tried using the mapping tools on this site but I can't get them to work for me.

If someone here can make higher resolution maps I would appreciate the help!
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

OK, I've fixed all the HP check boxes, however, using the generator changed all the HP values that I had previously. For this I apologize to everyone who has already downloaded the previous file.

I still can't do anything about the maps. I'm just not that computer literate. Sorry.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I may have an isometric sheet. Lemme see what I can come up with...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

How about this? (cropped and scaled from the full scanned image) I'm doing some edits as well, so if you approve I'll post new version to your post at the top.
Attachments
TombMap2.jpg
TombMap2.jpg (285.19 KiB) Viewed 7232 times
TombMap1.jpg
TombMap1.jpg (286.05 KiB) Viewed 7232 times
Fastjack2xs

Post by Fastjack2xs »

chiisu81 wrote:How about this? (cropped and scaled from the full scanned image) I'm doing some edits as well, so if you approve I'll post new version to your post at the top.
By all means, edit away :!: I appreciate all the help I can get! By the way, your maps look pretty darn good too :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks :D R4 uploaded to first post. Header is wrong on last few pages, but I'm too tired to wrestle with page styles. :oops:

With some additional feedback this is definitely going into AA2, nice work!
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I'll try to check it out soon and give you some feedback.

If you prefer a Mapmatic map but need some help, I can probably do it, I have done it for a few adventures so far.