World without Clerics?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
tzi89

World without Clerics?

Post by tzi89 »

After reviewing a lot of the material, I was curious if anyone has any experience of just having the Quasi-Class "Holy Character," on top of another class to serve as the worlds healing ability? And perhaps holy characters can gain spells from the Cleric spelllist ect?
SmootRK

Re: World without Clerics?

Post by SmootRK »

Haven't tried it on a world scale, however, I have had a group that did not have a cleric and instead had to rely upon their Holy Fighter (aka Paladin) for the little bits of healing that he could deal out.

Notable, I also had a Holy-Cleric who was quite adept at the healing when required. Nice thing about this quasi-combo was that the cleric was relatively free from having to prepare cure light wounds all the time, and instead focused on other spells... he was quite versatile because of this.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
tzi89

Post by tzi89 »

SmootRK wrote:Haven't tried it on a world scale, however, I have had a group that did not have a cleric and instead had to rely upon their Holy Fighter (aka Paladin) for the little bits of healing that he could deal out.

Notable, I also had a Holy-Cleric who was quite adept at the healing when required. Nice thing about this quasi-combo was that the cleric was relatively free from having to prepare cure light wounds all the time, and instead focused on other spells... he was quite versatile because of this.
Currently I need the healing magic and RP aspects of cleric. But maybe I could keep the class Cleric and have the Holy Quasi-Class as being the Priestly-ish class. So I can have say fireball slinging priests who can heal, and than these sorts of armored warriors who fight undead who can also dish out healing. ect.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

:shock: Oh yeah, moved this to general. Workshop only for sharing of actual offerings (and their follow up discussions)... not for general questions/commentary without shared materials.

Forum rules ya know :ugeek:
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

You can keep the clerics while removing their access to healing spells if you want that role to fall into the quasi-class or use one of the "healer" optional classes.

At some point Solo talked about removing healing spells form his game
Which followed in another thread
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/