FG Missing Pics

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
SmokestackJones

FG Missing Pics

Post by SmokestackJones »

Consider this the forgetful mind of an old man, but as I was prepping to do an Ol' Man Grognard Review on the BF Field Guide I noticed only one of my pieces was in the book. I remember sending 4 pieces (Lerini, Gerbaline, Bullette and Ettin) here and Smoot was keen on using them. All that's in the book is the Lerini. I DO remember that there was a problem with the Bullette pic and I offered to resend another copy but Smoot told me not to worry about it, it was a LibreOfffice problem. That was the last I heard.

So, I respectfully ask - wha' hoppen to the rest of my art?

-SJ
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: FG Missing Pics

Post by Solomoriah »

Somehow, it got missed.

Chi, any idea where it is? And if not, Mr. Jones, please send your highest-quality scans to me and I'll get the issue resolved in the next update.

... which was just about ready to release. Gah. Someday, we'll get it updated.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Apologies if some were missed in the transition over to Chi as the lead on this. Certainly fixable, aside from the additional layout revisions that will be inevitable.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
SmokestackJones

Email sent w/pics.

-SJ
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I've PM'ed Solo about this.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Smokestack, I'm sorry, but the reason your art wasn't used was because we received other art for those three monsters prior to yours; as a general practice in the Field Guide, we use just one piece of art per monster (at most, obviously not all monsters have art).

We had three different people working on this book at the time, and evidently we don't communicate as well as we should or I would have known about the situation. Looking over my art archive, the situation is immediately obvious... had I done that before responding above, I would have known better.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmokestackJones

Solomoriah wrote:Smokestack, I'm sorry, but the reason your art wasn't used was because we received other art for those three monsters prior to yours; as a general practice in the Field Guide, we use just one piece of art per monster (at most, obviously not all monsters have art).

We had three different people working on this book at the time, and evidently we don't communicate as well as we should or I would have known about the situation. Looking over my art archive, the situation is immediately obvious... had I done that before responding above, I would have known better.
Okay. I was working through Shonuff and I guess the lines got crossed (I remember I did the bisren too but Shonuff told me he'd already did it).

Well anyway, do you need art for the next printing for any of those critters that don't have pictures?

-SJ
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I would also encourage checking out AA2 and Field Guide 2, as in-progress items they could always use more artwork. :)