Powder & Shot: Black powder weapons for Basic Fantasy

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Powder & Shot: Black powder weapons for Basic Fantasy

Post by chiisu81 »

Kheten was on last month, must have missed your post. Well good thing we're open source so you can edit the ODT to your heart's content for your own campaign. ;)
JakeCWolf

Post by JakeCWolf »

chiisu81 wrote:Was on last month, must have missed your post. Well good thing we're open source so you can edit the ODT to your heart's content for your own campaign. ;)
I apologize, my message must have been misinterpreted. I wasn't asking/demanding a addition to the supplement, I was trying to sate my curiosity on the inspiration for the grenade pistol's origin and possible IRL historical version.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Sorry my last post wasn't clear, I had meant Kheten had been online then. When signed in you can click on a user's name to see their last online date, etc.
JakeCWolf

Post by JakeCWolf »

Oh, I mixed up you and Kheten! Sorry about that, lol.
Kheten

Post by Kheten »

Sorry for not responding sooner, but I've been dealing with a few things outside of games.

As to JakeCWolf's question. I did read it a while ago and have made a few changes. And yes, the grenade pistol and the hand mortar are the same weapon.
knottyprof2

Post by knottyprof2 »

I remember reading an article in Dragon Magazine back in the day with the keep-rolling damage roll if you roll the max value on the die. I thought the idea was cool back then and seeing it in the supplement brought back those feelings :D. However, as a GM if I implemented black powder rules I think I would go with the decreasing die rolled each time. So if base damage is a d8 and an 8 is rolled, then a d6 would be used and a 6 would then allow a d4 and either cap there or go down to a d3 or d2. I know have seen other systems that use a similar mechanic for tracking inventory and thought it was interesting and could see it applying for damage with black powder weapons.
Owner, Publisher, and Creator of the Knotty-Works.
Played the original OSR back in the 80's and never looked back, though paused a couple of times.
mulliganmaster

Post by mulliganmaster »

Thank you... I have a group that wants to become pirates of the high seas and this will help....