AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: AA2 Adventure Anthology 2

Post by chiisu81 »

Got it, thanks! R15 uploaded to first post.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

The header still shows Horror at the Pumpkin festival in the last adventure, will be something to watch for on the next edit.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Yeah its headers are still tied to the Horror at the Pumpkin Festival pages (actually the even/odd pages are separate for whatever reason). I'll try to fix it for next release.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Re-posted R15; many HP hitboxes were messed up, and the map in the last adventure needed to be enlarged to fit the page.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

PDF re-uploaded yet again due to same graphic bug as affected Sophie Murtas PDF.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I finally got through it, and here are the corrections. Are there any additions that you are looking at to add to this set of adventures?

Edits for Adventure Anthology 2

Dungeon of Kyros
Page 4 Dungeon Key
Please put a thin line between the sections to avoid having a person finish the Carnivorous Apes in the Random Encounters and then start the Dungeon Key only to go back to the Random Encounters when they finish the first column.

Page 6 - 12. Prison Cell
The stats for the Wight are in parenthesis, none of the other monster stats, before page 6, are in parenthesis.

Page 7 – 15. Prison Cell
The stats for the Ogre Zombie are in parenthesis, none of the other monster stats, before page 6, are in parenthesis.

Page 7 – 18. Prison Cell
The stats for the Wraith are in parenthesis, none of the other monster stats, before page 6, are in parenthesis.

Page 7 – 20. Prison Cell
The stats for the Gray Ooze are in parenthesis, none of the other monster stats, before page 6, are in parenthesis.

Page 8 – 26. Bugbears Paragraph three
Currently:
The door in the back of the room leads to dead end.

Should be:
The door in the back of the room leads to a dead end.

A Matter of Justice

The Tomb of Threy
Currently set at
An adventure for x to x characters of levels x to x.
Looking at the level of the NPCs and monsters that are encountered I would suggest this:
An adventure for 3 to 5 characters of levels 1 to 2.

Page 22 – 6. Crypt - 3rd paragraph
Currently:
If a eetect evil spell is cast within this room, the whole
room will glow.

Should be:
If a Detect evil spell is cast within this room, the whole
room will glow.

Beneath the Temple of the Moon

Page 24 – 3 Temple Acolytes
Mentions 3 acolytes only stat boxes for two acolytes

Page 25 – 6a, 6b, 6c. Meditation Cells
Should the description be in present tense and then give a clue as to the rooms not being used?
Currently:
Those small rooms were used to pray to Cluvia, but aren't used anymore. Each room only contains a reed prayer mat.

Suggestion:
Three small rooms used to pray to Cluvia. Each room only contains a reed prayer mat. There appears to be a layer of dust on the floors and mats.

Page 27 – 15. Statue Room – Description box
Currently:
In this cave, there is a few blocks of stone of various size used for carving sculptures.

Should be:
In this cave, there are several blocks of stone of various size used for carving sculptures.

Page 27 – 18. Secret Meeting Room paragraph 1
Currently:
If Philibert and any of his acolytes or servants that still haven't been encountered (or who have fled from the party) will be found here.

Should be:
Philibert and any of his acolytes or servants that haven't been encountered (or who have fled from the party) will be found here.

Pg 28 – 19. Lair of the Succubus
Spell list for Succubus is bolded, the spell lists in other modules is not bolded.
Currently: Spells: Charm Person, Suggestion, Darkness, Dimension Door, ESP and Clairaudience (as the potion), at will, as a 12th level caster.
Should be: Spells: Charm Person, Suggestion, Darkness, Dimension Door, ESP and Clairaudience (as the potion), at will, as a 12th level caster.

Tomb of the Mummy Priest

Page 32 – 2. Main Hall – Paragraph 2
Mentions that 8 bandits would return from patrol. There are only blocks for 7 Bandits.

Temple of Bones

Page 38 – Between the description of Brother Malmury and Denizens of the Dungeon put a thin line to break the sections so a reader doesn’t go from the description to reading about the dungeon and when getting to the bottom of the page going back to the description of Brother Malmury and then back again to the dungeon.

Pg 39 – 6 and 7 Preparation Room
The rooms don’t mention about the 10 Skeleton Warriors from Rooms 4 and 5 if they haven’t been cleared already. I think they would show up in the second round after the party enters either room.
Should add the following to Room 6 and 7 descriptions as first sentence:
2 rounds after this room is entered the 10 Skeleton Warriors from Room 4 (or 5) will arrive if they haven’t been found already.

Kidnapped!

Page 44 – 12. Leader’s Meeting Room the title is indented while the other titles are not indented.

Page 44 – 12. Leader’s Meeting Room – Text Box
Currently:
A red carpet covers almost entirely the floor.
Should be:
A red carpet almost covers the entire floor.

Page 44 – 12. Leader’s Meeting Room – second paragraph after Text Box.
Currently:
Furthermore, he will succeed any Morale test as long as one of his opponent is an elf, fighting to death if needed.
Should be:
Furthermore, he will succeed any Morale test as long as one of his opponents is an elf, fighting to the death if needed.

The Temple at Hillman Point

Page 50 – 3 Twisting Hallway – paragraph 5 and 6
Could they be combined?

Currently:
To the left, the hallway slowly descends into darkness.

The hallway to the left descends until it stops at the large steps down into the main auditorium. (The rest of paragraph six continues.)

Suggestion:
To the left, the hallway slowly descends into darkness until it stops at the large steps down into the main auditorium. (Continue with the rest of the sixth paragraph.)

Page 53 – 16 Private Alter – paragraph 5
Currently:
Any player who attempts to get close to the statue or grab anything from the near the altar will cause the gargoyle to animate and surprise the party.

Suggestion:
Any player who attempts to get close to the statue or grab anything from the altar will cause the gargoyle to animate and surprise the party.

Midnight on Blood Lake
Pg 56 – Background – paragraph 2
Currently:
The town’s elders sent a messenger boy up the mountain the day before too, and he also never returned.

Suggestion:
The town’s elders sent a messenger boy up the mountain the day before, he never returned.

Pg 56 – Background – paragraph 3
Currently:
The group of youths awakened a curse that was cast over the lake. A youth from Black Peak drowned in the lake 22 years earlier when the town elders shunned him for his grotesque disfigurement. The youth’s mother was a known witch and she cast a spell on the lake by infusing her blood in the water.

Suggestion:
Towns people will say the group has awakened a curse that was cast over the lake. The people tell how 22 years earlier a youth from Black Peak was shunned by the town elders for his grotesque disfigurement. The disfigured person later drowned in the lake. The youth’s mother, a known witch, put a blood curse on the lake so that anyone from Bleak Peak that swam in the lake would die.

Also if the above paragraph is used several paragraphs could be combined. Put the above at the end of paragraph two and the sentence of paragraph 5 after the above. Paragraph 4 could be left out since it is incorporated in the above.

Page 57 – Part 2: The Hut – Second paragraph after third text box
Currently:
At this point have all the players roll a Wits check.

Suggestion:
At this point have all the players roll an INT check.

Page 58 – Room 1
There are three mentions of “Leaper” should be “Leper”.

Page 58 – Room 4 – First paragraph after text box
Currently:
A successful Intelligence or Wits check reveals that the head belongs to the drowned boy from 22 years prior.

Suggestion:
A successful INT check reveals that the head belongs to the drowned boy from 22 years prior.

Pg 59 – Midnight on Blood Lake
Is there a map for the mines this adventure?

Horror at the Pumpkin Festival
Page 60 – Background paragraph 3
Currently:
His victory marked the beginning of the Pumpkin Festival exists. Over the years since the priest’s act of heroism has become legend and fable and less historical fact.

Suggestion:
This victory by the priest marked the beginning of the Pumpkin Festival. Since the priest’s act of heroism the battle has become more legend and fable and less historical fact.

Page 60 – Background paragraph 4
Currently:
Now, over 300 years later, a corrupt priest named Shalla is secretly killing town’s members who enter the corn maze in offering to the Jack O’Lantern.

Suggestion:
Now, over 300 years later, a corrupt priest named Shalla is secretly killing town’s members who enter the corn maze as an offering to the Jack O’Lantern.

Page 60 – Summary paragraph 1
Currently:
They will participate in the festival’s events and enjoy the event.

Suggestion:
They will participate and enjoy in the festival’s events.

Page 60 – Summary paragraph 2
Currently:
However, when they enter the straw maze they will find one of the evil priest’s victims.

Suggestion:
However, when they enter the corn maze they will find one of the evil priest’s victims.

Page 60 – Part I: The Festival – paragraph 3 should be boxed.

Page 61 – A4. Pumpkin Contest
Currently:
The participant with the most points at the end of the contest is the winner and receives 2 tickets to the corn maze and gold-encrusted Warhammer of strength (worth 20 gold, weighs 7, does 1d6+1 damage).

Suggestion:
The participant with the most points at the end of the contest is the winner and receives 2 tickets to the corn maze and a gold encrusted Warhammer of Strength (worth 20 gold, weighs 7, does 1d6+1 damage).

Page 62 – Part II: The Corn Maze – paragraph 3 should be boxed.

Page 62 – Part II: The Corn Maze – paragraph 5 should be boxed.

Page 62 – B2. Goblin Ambush – first paragraph after text box.
Currently:
An successful Intelligence check reveals that the death was sacrificial and that the sacrifice is intended to open up a gate to another plane.

Suggestion:
A successful Intelligence check reveals that the death was sacrificial and that the sacrifice is intended to open up a gate to another plane.

Page 62 – B3. Tracking the Killer – first paragraph.
Currently:
A successful Intelligence or Wits check reveals a small trail of blood that leads...

Suggestion:
A successful INT check reveals a small trail of blood that leads...

Page 63 – C1. Living Walls – paragraph 3.
Currently:
Players will need to make Sve Vs. Poison check or be sickened.

Suggestion:
Players will need to make Save Vs. Poison check or be sickened.

Page 64 – Autumn Storm – paragraph 2.
Currently:
For every three caster levels beyond 2nd, the storm lasts for an additional round causing another 1d6+2 of damage.

Suggestion:
For every three caster levels beyond 2nd, the storm lasts for an additional round causing another 1d6+2 points of damage.

Page 61 –
Is there a map for the corn maze and pumpkin cave for this adventure?

Raid on Aquila Tower
Page 66 – Getting to the Tower – paragraph 1
Currently:
Luckily the trail north from Kazimir will lead to the tower, so the hike itself should be fairly routine, as least the Barons says so.

Suggestion:
Luckily the trail north from Kazimir will lead to the tower, so the hike itself should be fairly routine, as least the Baron says so.

Page 68 – 9. Troll Lair – paragraph 3 (treasure desc.)
Currently:
gold leaf-incribed goblet worth 600 GP,

Suggestion:
gold leaf-inscribed goblet worth 600 GP,
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Wow, thanks Al! I'll work through these for the next release, hopefully will have up in a day or 2.

As far as further additions, as this is still in the beginning stages, submissions are still open. I'm slowly working on my Halls of Finley Manor to be included at some point. Fastjack2x's Tomb of Thorin Zuse will also likely be included with further feedback and refinement. nam37's Search for the Cure is another I'm keeping an eye on. I'd like to include one of John Dutton's adventures, maybe Drakestein Island.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

R16 posted.
Dungeon of Kyros
Page 4 Dungeon Key
Please put a thin line between the sections to avoid having a person finish the Carnivorous Apes in the Random Encounters and then start the Dungeon Key only to go back to the Random Encounters when they finish the first column.
Solo will need to chime in, but I don't think we normally do that, just having the subheader that implies a new section.
Page 6 - 12. Prison Cell
The stats for the Wight are in parenthesis, none of the other monster stats, before page 6, are in parenthesis.
I've probably been guilty of this as well. I need to add a note about this, HP checkboxes, etc. to the Style Guide. Corrected in AA2 as well as added the "1" as we always note how many monsters there are.
The Tomb of Threy
Currently set at
An adventure for x to x characters of levels x to x.
Looking at the level of the NPCs and monsters that are encountered I would suggest this:
An adventure for 3 to 5 characters of levels 1 to 2.
A Matter of Justice also needs this info. Levels I would say 5 to 7, # players 3-5 or 4-6?
Page 25 – 6a, 6b, 6c. Meditation Cells
Should the description be in present tense and then give a clue as to the rooms not being used?
Currently:
Those small rooms were used to pray to Cluvia, but aren't used anymore. Each room only contains a reed prayer mat.
I'd leave this up to GM fiat, being able to describe the dust, musty smell, etc.
Pg 28 – 19. Lair of the Succubus
Spell list for Succubus is bolded, the spell lists in other modules is not bolded.
Currently: Spells: Charm Person, Suggestion, Darkness, Dimension Door, ESP and Clairaudience (as the potion), at will, as a 12th level caster.
Should be: Spells: Charm Person, Suggestion, Darkness, Dimension Door, ESP and Clairaudience (as the potion), at will, as a 12th level caster.
Per the Style Guide spell names should always be lower-case and bold.
Pg 39 – 6 and 7 Preparation Room
The rooms don’t mention about the 10 Skeleton Warriors from Rooms 4 and 5 if they haven’t been cleared already. I think they would show up in the second round after the party enters either room.
Should add the following to Room 6 and 7 descriptions as first sentence:
2 rounds after this room is entered the 10 Skeleton Warriors from Room 4 (or 5) will arrive if they haven’t been found already.
May not have been mentioned as they already had the 2 Bone Horrors. But, this whole section may need to be re-written. It says for Room 8 that the 2 Bone Horrors will be found here if not otherwise encountered, but looking at the map the group would have to go through either 6 and/or 7. Maybe the Bone Horrors should just stay in Room 8, and then the Skeleton Warriors can roam up to 6 & 7?
Pg 59 – Midnight on Blood Lake
Is there a map for the mines this adventure?
If Noah doesn't provide one we may need to try to come up with one.
Page 61 –
Is there a map for the corn maze and pumpkin cave for this adventure?
Same here: If Noah doesn't provide one we may need to try to come up with one.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

For all the grammar/clarification stuff in my 2 adventures I give you guys the right to change stuff a bit. English is a second language for me, so I need a little help sometimes.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Chii,

I think all three of John Dutton's adventures should be close enough to include in AA2, and your Castle Devlyn adventure should now be eligible too, and Fastjack2x's Tomb of Thorin Zuse should now be ready too. If my counts are close this will almost double the size of AA2. Next Finley Manor...