Submission Guidelines - Discussion

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Numberlyric

Re: Submission Guidelines

Post by Numberlyric »

Is there a boilerplate for adding the Open source license disclaimer? is there a 2016 version I can copy and paste to a submission?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Copy the OGL out of the current Core Rules. Would be the easiest way, anyway.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

In addition to the template on the first post, I'm working on a short style guide (what needs to be capitalized, bolded, etc.) to put up here. I had a sheet like this handed to me when I was helping proof Petty Gods and it helped tremendously!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I look forward to seeing it!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

First rough draft of Style Guide sent to Solo for his initial feedback. After that I'll make a post here in Workshop to get further feedback, and once it's further along I'll add to the first post of this thread.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Link to style guide added to the first post. I've also posted a revised template with updated copyright dates and correct header title for OGL page.
PuppetMaster

Post by PuppetMaster »

Hello all!
I am starting a module project for higher level PCs (10-12 maybe?) and just had a couple of quick questions.

1. Is it an issue to take several existing creatures from the Field Guide and progress their hit dice? Say from 4 D8 to 8-10 D8. I would include an explanation for why these creatures have become so much more powerful.

2. I use Dungeonographer and Hexographer free versions to to make my dungeon and area maps, and convert them to png or jpeg. Would this be an issue?

Thanks in advance for advice and opinions!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

We have no particular problems with either thing.
magicedit

Re: Basic Fantasy Project Submission Guidelines

Post by magicedit »

This project has motivated me to learn some more about FLOSS fonts. Maybe even more than I ever really wanted to know about 20th century font history :shock:. Century Gothic was created as a substitute to Avant Garde.

It looks like when Ghostscript was created as a free version of PostScript so FLOSS software could open PDFs, they had to make FLOSS versions of the 35 basic fonts defined in the PostScript specification. One of the basic PostScript fonts is Avant Garde, and so URW Gothic L was created.

http://ufonts.com/fonts/urw-gothic-l-book.html

Alternatively, The Random Wizard Blog has exceedingly detailed font analysis of all DnD editions, and recommends Tex Gyre Aventor as an Avant Garde replacement.

Random Wizard Blog also unfortunately found that as of 2015, an open source Souvenir continues to be very, very difficult to find. I took a look at Google Fonts and the best I saw was Quando.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy Project Submission Guidelines

Post by Solomoriah »

I've never looked at URW Gothic L before; it looks like it might be an acceptable substitute. Quando is quite nice, and would be acceptable in place of Soutane if it had a bold, bold italic, italic, and "black" version; but we need all of those before we can use it as a substitute.