Artwork for Adventure Anthology 1

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
chiisu81

Re: Artwork for Adventure Anthology 1

Post by chiisu81 »

Looks great so far!
Grimfall

Post by Grimfall »

Shepherds of Pineford. Got it to come in a little darker.
Attachments
Shepherds of Pineford.png
Shepherds of Pineford.png (716.51 KiB) Viewed 7552 times
Grimfall

Post by Grimfall »

For the Lost Tomb (Tome? Senility sucks).
Attachments
TheLostTome.jpg
TheLostTome.jpg (406.79 KiB) Viewed 7253 times
Grimfall

Post by Grimfall »

Vault of Thaire
Attachments
Desert Ruins.jpg
Desert Ruins.jpg (192.95 KiB) Viewed 7243 times
Grimfall

Post by Grimfall »

Ruins of Dakfir Castle is WIP. Back to pencil and ink for that one.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Grimfall, I'm not one to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why did you choose to do artwork for AA1? Once a module is in print, I don't do revisions very often, so this artwork may sit for a while before it gets used. I mean, I'm really very happy you are contributing, but can I convince you to do some art for adventures that are not in print yet, like CS1 for example?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Grimfall

Post by Grimfall »

Hi Solomoriah,

To answer your question, a couple of reasons. The foremost is that I bought the AA1 to discover it had very sparse artwork, so I decided to make some. Even if the game masters won't have it in the print version, I figured they could print or get the files here if they're playing on virtual desktops. A second reason is that there aren't any active 'Artwork Requests' in the forum. Finally, because I'm not working towards a deadline, I can do the art at my own pace.

Regarding CS1, sure, I'll take a crack. If the author is active and there are any scenes he thinks are particularly paramount to be displayed, just let me know.
Grimfall

Post by Grimfall »

For Taming the Flames. More pencil and ink. In retrospect wish I had made the constrcitor a little bigger, but I think you can get the idea.
Attachments
Taming The Flames.jpg
Taming The Flames.jpg (177.48 KiB) Viewed 7172 times
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Grimfall wrote:A second reason is that there aren't any active 'Artwork Requests' in the forum.
It was decided a long time ago that there will be no "Art Request", specially requests towards specific artists. I know this can lead to problems of not knowing what to do and when to present it. A good way is to create a topic asking for what needs artwork and take what catches your attention. Once something is put for print it will be hard to get new pics unless a big revision is made, so, its better to take on things that are far from being ready to print unless you want some deadlines.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Actually, the policy is, only I, Chi, and Smoot post art requests. We all know the priorities and so do not step on each other. And regarding specific scene requests... you may be different, but in general I've found I get better results when I let artists illustrate whatever they find most interesting personally. So I'll just point out a module (like CS1) and let the artist choose what within that module to draw.

And to be clear, I am more than willing to incorporate your art into AA1... it's just that I have no current plans to revise it. Though there may be some text edits in the comments thread, so I suppose I may just get around to it.

Please forward full-resolution copies of all your art to me at:

solomoriah@basicfantasy.org

Do please indicate what module your art is intended for, and give your name as you want it to appear in the credits. Art submitted to the project must be given with a perpetual license; I assume the license is non-exclusive (you can use the artwork elsewhere) and non-transferrable (I can't give, sell, or otherwise convey the license to any third party without your agreement).

And again, thanks for contributing!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org