Magical Item Compendium

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Some Magic Items

Post by Dimirag »

Hat of Renown

This big, bright colored hat will give great renown to its wearer. Everyone that sees the wearer will automatically know every fact of his life (that are known to the wearer) from food taste, name and place of origins, good and bad deeds done, etc...
The Hat of renown will cause the better or worst Reaction Roll effects against the wearer depending on the know data. He will become really famous or infamous and people won't lose an chance to be with him, talk to him, ask him favors or making him know their mind about hose bad things he has done...
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The Heartshield

This heart-shaped shield of bright pink color is a +3 shield that grants his owner the following benefits:
-His Carisma modifier is treated as +5 for any Reaction Roll.
-Any opponent of no more than 2HD that rolls a 1 when attacking with arrows or bolts must save vs Spell or be cursed with a permanent fixation and idolatry towards the owner of the shield.

The Lamp of D'Jynn

This shiny golden lamp is a powerful evil object, once activated it will unleash an evil entity who will tell that he make one wish come true, If more of one person is present when the entity is unleashed then he'll tell that everyone present must make the same wish in order to be able to make it come true.
If the wish is spoken then all present characters must Save vs. Spell or enter into a permanent sleep-like state where they will dream that their wish has been fulfilled.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Longman

magic items supplement?

Post by Longman »

I really like some of these.

The ship in a bottle and the "flute of ill repute" are just great.
Clever_Munkey

Re: magic items supplement?

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Longman wrote:I really like some of these.

The ship in a bottle and the "flute of ill repute" are just great.
Thanks! I was thinking of making a flute, or other instrument, but wasn't sure what to do so I just typed it in to a rhyming dictionary, and went with it.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Inspired by the movie Stardust.

Glass Flower Charm:
This is a small flower shaped from a single piece of glass. The flower is usually small enough to be worn as a lapel, or braided into hair without interfering too much. The dyes used are what give the charm its power, and the shape of the flower bends this power to a specific task. Thus two similar flowers may do very different things, or vice versa. Generally this falls in line with what the flower represents in "traditional" plant symbolism.

As depicted in the movie: White heather symbolizes protection, and as such provides the wearer with protection from evil, as the spell.

Generally these charms give somewhere between a +1 and +3 bonus, depending on its situational usage, and the craftsmanship of the flower (GM's discretion). For example: One flower might give a +1 to attack and damage against creatures larger than the wearer, another might give +2 to attack, and damage against specifically giants, and finally another might give a +3 to attack, and damage against only one type of giant, e.g. Hill giants. Ultimately it's up to the GM to determine what each charm does.

Other possible charms:
Buttercup: Symbolizes riches. Add 10% when rolling to determine whether a type of treasure is present in a horde e.g. gold, gems, Magic items.

Cabbage: Symbolizes profit. Add 5% to the value of treasure found by the wearer.

Borage (AKA Starflower): Symbolizes courage: +3 to saving throws to resist fear

Here is a list of plants, and their symbolic meanings as a source of inspiratioin:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_symbolism
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Here's one courtesy of a random object generator, and silliness of English homographs.

The bow of bowing:
Any intelligent creature meeting the wearer of this bow (ribbon/bow tie), finds themselves compelled to bow (or curtsy as is appropriate), as though the wearer were someone of great importance.

Inspired by the words "random object generator", which I just typed up there.

The Magician's Hat:
When the owner of this hat reaches inside they will be able to pull out a random mundane object. If the owner of the hat says a cheesy rhyming chant related to the object, then the owner can make an intelligence check to successfully gain the desired item. Failure indicates that the object pulled from the hat is related, but decidedly less useful.
Attachments
random hat.jpg
random hat.jpg (7.69 KiB) Viewed 6716 times
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Bartlebys Barrier Shield
This magical item is a escutcheon shaped shield about four feet long and forged from mithril beautifully engraved and embellished with golden filigree emanating out from three large sapphires set in a triangle in the centre that emit a soft blue glow illuminating 5' in front of it. The shield functions as a normal +2 but when a command word is spoken or when it is exposed to large amounts of energy a transparent plane of force manifests centred around the shield 5 feet in every direction that curves backwards slightly at the edges. The barrier is impenetrable but can pass through air, stone and dirt without hindrance. The barrier also neutralizes any force impacting upon it to the effect that the wielder cannot be crushed underneath it or from high velocity impacts, it also reflects rays of energy and the petrification effect of a medusas gaze. This plane last for three rounds after which one of the sapphires in the shield will fade and cease to glow. on the fourth round after the last sapphire has been used the sapphires will emit a blinding light in a 180 degree from the front of the shield for 120' and very bright light for 360' with the dim light extending 720' and a pillar of blue flames for 30' that does 3d12 damage after which the shield dissolves into embers. The sapphires may be recharged with 500gp of magic ink however once the final sapphire is used the shield is spent.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants."
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Bartlebys Terrifying Orbs of Doom

This item appears to be a vial of incredibly black viscous liquid that drinks in light creating shadows around it no matter where it is placed. the vial weighs only two pounds but if picked up it feels like thirty. when the seal on the vial is broken the glass will explode outwards and the liquid will coalesce into the identical metallic spheres that levitate at eye level above the ground slowly orbiting each other. It is at this point that the command word must be spoken or the orbs will begin attacking every living being in a 30' radius. When the command word is spoken the orbs will act as an extension of speakers will for ten rounds after which point the orbs will cease to exist. The speaker can use the orbs as weapons willing them to fly at extremely high speed at enemies dealing 2d8 damage each per turn although a save vs spells is allowed for half damage. They may also spread out into discs large enough for a humanoid to stand on that will move at 60' per round in any direction. a save vs death ray is required to maintain balance or the speaker will fall off. Finally the orbs can be used to dismantle fortifications. upon command the orbs will revert to liquid and maneuver in between the stones of the wall, 1d4+1 rounds later exploding a 10x10x10' cube of stone in whatever direction the wielder desires. Regardless of use the orbs will cease to exist ten rounds after being unleashed.
SerGavin

Post by SerGavin »

Bartlebys Siege Stone

This stone appears as a smooth rounded pebble with a stylized S carved into the surface but is otherwise unremarkable. The stone is always warm to the the touch but does not give out any sort of heat. once a day when the rune is pressed for several seconds the stone will grow hot to the touch and move forwards one foot with the force of 100 tons. as a safety measure the stone will not move forwards if a living organism is in the way to prevent accidental suicides by pointing the stone the wrong way. It is highly useful as a less subtle way of getting through doors as it can breach gates and thick doors.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Rod of Reaching

This device, typically (but not always) made in the form of an ornately-engraved silver rod, allows the user to deliver spells having a range of "touch" by means of the rod instead. This has two benefits: first, it extends the user's reach by about 3 feet; and second, it protects the user from any unwanted effects of touching the target (i.e. energy drain, being turned to stone, being poisoned, and so on).

Gold Magnet

This device, generally appearing as a bar of metal which may be straight or bent into a horseshoe shape, behaves in much the same way as an ordinary magnet, with one exception: instead of attracting ferrous metal, it attracts only gold. The magnet can lift up to a pound of gold at a time, and will attract golden objects up to 6 inches away.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org