YAC (Yet Another Character Sheet)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
netmike65

YAC (Yet Another Character Sheet)

Post by netmike65 »

Hi all,

I've been playing for yonks but never got around to posting here.

My first character sheet has been downloaded over 5,000 times (wow) so here's another one. It's based on my Delving Deeper sheet - which in turn was based on my BFRPG sheet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9hqeT ... sp=sharing

Cheers

Mike Hill
Attachments
Character-Record-Mk2-by-Mike-Hill-r3.pdf
(51.67 KiB) Downloaded 506 times
Character-Record-Mk2-by-Mike-Hill-r3.odt
(38.36 KiB) Downloaded 494 times
Last edited by netmike65 on Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chiisu81

Re: YAC (Yet Another Character Sheet)

Post by chiisu81 »

Very clean and organized, I like 8-) Should be on the Downloads page IMO.
netmike65

Post by netmike65 »

Oops! Spotted a silly error on the thief skill list...

Fixed.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll try to get it uploaded soon.

I've been busy, much to the annoyance of Chi it seems, and in the last three weeks I've been sick twice. Still fighting off a nasty cold. Going to work is about all I have the zip to do...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Aw you know me, itchy to work on stuff ;)

Mike, I've edited your first post with the newer URL; you can edit your post(s) in the same fashion if needed. Also, we'd prefer if you could attach the PDF/ODT/etc. to the post itself rather than link to an external site that may eventually break the link or such.
netmike65

Post by netmike65 »

I've added the pdf to the first post.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I've looked the sheet over. I thought at first it was a new version of your original sheet, but I see that it is different. Right now, I'm the only person with two distinct sheets on the Downloads page, and one of them is "special" (the notebook paper sheet). I'd like to keep the numbers down... there are rather a lot of sheets as it is. If the new and old sheets were distinctly different (as the "official" and "notebook paper" sheets are), I might feel differently about it, but the two sheets aren't far enough apart either in organization or in style.

However, Mike, you are entirely eligible for a Showcase account. In fact, I just upgraded your account. Please feel free to upload your sheet there, as well as any other substantially complete items you may wish to share for use with BFRPG.

... on the other hand, if you prefer the new sheet to the old one, I'd be willing to make a substitution; we could put the original sheet in the Showcase instead. Whichever way you want to do it.
netmike65

Post by netmike65 »

Hi Chris,

I prefer the new sheet to the old in just about every way. How about we switch?

Thanks

Mike
netmike65

Post by netmike65 »

Here's the ODT version.

I managed to fit a bit more info into this one...
Attachments
Character Record 1_2.odt
ODT version
(38.36 KiB) Downloaded 496 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

A few points of order here. Normally, we edit the first post and put the most current download there, for convenience (since the discussion sometimes gets long, obscuring the actual download). Second, due to variations in computers, I ask that you submit both the source (ODT) and PDF versions of forms... I may not be able to format your forms the same way you do. For other documents, I really only need the source format since the editing process will usually result in flow changes anyway, but for forms we need to capture the creator's intent as clearly as possible.

Since you posted just the ODT, I'll wait until you post a matching PDF before uploading.

Finally, I'd like to ask that, for documents that go on the Downloads page at least, you use the standard filename format. For example, I'd suggest the following for this form:

Character-Sheet-Mark-2-by-Mike-Hill-r2.odt

... replacing the "odt" with the appropriate extension and the release number with whatever is appropriate. In order to avoid confusion, I prefer to see each new upload to the site get a new release number. Release numbers are free, after all, and they let us see which version is most current at any time.