Field Guide entries needing art

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Field Guide entries needing art

Post by Solomoriah »

If Al wants it, it's his. If not, we'll go with Shonuff's pic.

Al, I'd love to have one of your color pieces for the cover if you're willing.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlCook

Post by AlCook »

It'd be an honor to do it.

Is there anything in particular that you'd want for the cover?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If you could feature (at least) two different Field Guide monsters in an action scene, that would be great. Beyond that, whatever sounds good to you.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

chiisu81 wrote:As much as I really like Shonuff's Lich image, I personally want to extend the offer/honor to Al. His images have been incredible, with its depicted action, movement and lighting, and I think he could come up with something wonderful for this.
Seconded! Great Stuff.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Al, let me give you a little more guidance:

If you can create an image to fit into a space 6.25 inches wide by 9.25 inches tall, that will fill nicely the inside of the crenelated frame on the cover. You'd need to avoid having any important elements in the top 2.5 inches, so the title doesn't obscure anything, and also avoid putting anything important in the bottom 3/4 inch to avoid the copyright statement. If you'd prefer not to have me put anything over your image, make it fit into a space 6 inches square and it will avoid all cover text.
Grim_Ivan

Post by Grim_Ivan »

Hey, I'm going to browse your artwork forum as well, but thought I'd just let you know that I'm offering my artistic skills for whatever you need. I started with AD&D back in the 90's and love the old school feel. You guys are doing amazing work and I'd like to contribute. Cheers!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Excellent!

If you're submitting artwork for the Field Guide, please note here what you're working on so no other artist does the same thing. When you have something to submit, please scan it at 300 dpi (or higher) in grayscale (not black and white, please, it will look nasty). You can send artwork to me at

solomoriah@basicfantasy.org

We're accepting artwork for the Core Rules also until the end of this month, and I am working on the Strongholds of Sorcery multimodule in fits and starts and am interested in artwork for that as well.

... which makes me think. Chi: Do you want an email alias @basicfantasy.org connected to your regular email account for artwork submissions?
Grim_Ivan

Post by Grim_Ivan »

I'll take the Shield Guardian to start :D
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Solomoriah wrote:... which makes me think. Chi: Do you want an email alias @basicfantasy.org connected to your regular email account for artwork submissions?
That would be terrific for artwork submissions as well as anything else people need to send me.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

chiisu81@basicfantasy.org should now forward to your regular account (the one registered on the forum).