Shonuff's Project Artwork

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Shonuff

Re: Shonuff's Project Artwork

Post by Shonuff »

Last One for the Field Guide, for now.

Stalag:

Original Size:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302 ... b5bfd4.jpg
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

That is nice. One of the things I really like is that you put in an element of action or something happening. It really helps in my mind. 8-)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

SmootRK wrote:That is nice. One of the things I really like is that you put in an element of action or something happening. It really helps in my mind. 8-)
Thanks Smoot. I like his reaction. I was going to draw a halfling with a wooden leg (see: princefrog) peeking from behind the mage going " what's goin on?" but i figured i'd keep it simple.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

These are FANTASTIC!!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
jackel

Post by jackel »

I like the Homunculus, as it sems to pop off the page. I also like the skeleton warriors too, but then i have a soft spot for the undead.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

dymondy2k wrote:These are FANTASTIC!!
Thanks man! Appreciate it.
jackel wrote:I like the Homunculus, as it sems to pop off the page. I also like the skeleton warriors too, but then i have a soft spot for the undead.
Thanks man. I appreciate words and responses to the art, wether good or bad or constructive.

Next up.. a double header.

Field Guide:
Fawn and Iblix:

Fullsize:
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o302 ... 39b443.jpg
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nice. That one is surely getting in... after all, I wrote the Faun/Ibex. I don't suppose you would mind if I put that image into the "New Races Supplement" where these guys also make an appearance as character-races.

That makes me think, though, that perhaps a Race line-up or group portrait sort of image would be nice for that. Can I make a special request for that? :D

Didn't you make a Race line-up for the Half-Humans Supplement (or the defunct Dungeoneer's Almanac) some time ago? I think that one got lost over time and never included.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Excellent, excellent work!

I hate to complain at all, but one thing... the Prince Frog only has eyes on its stalks, which IMO should be a bit more prominent (bigger).

(It's actually based on a metal sculpture my wife has in one of her flower gardens...)
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Solomoriah wrote:Excellent, excellent work!

I hate to complain at all, but one thing... the Prince Frog only has eyes on its stalks, which IMO should be a bit more prominent (bigger).

(It's actually based on a metal sculpture my wife has in one of her flower gardens...)
In my opinion, when someone posts something and asks for input it should not be thought of as complaining when you give the requested input. A series of, 'wow, thats great" is good for the soul, but it doesn't give the artist any constructive criticism. When someone posts a new creature, module, weapon, etc, most people just immediately jump in with their ideas on how to make it better and the OP either changes it or he doesn't. So why are we any less willing to jump in with the same kind of input for art?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I see your point.

It's a tough position, though, Hyway. I don't pay artists... I can't, unless I start making a profit, and we've had that discussion. So when I get a good-looking piece of monster art that doesn't quite match the canon monster, it's hard to know what to say. I've only asked for one other redraw, as far as I can remember... the displacer. It has to vary from the monster whose niche it fills, for copyright reasons, and the original piece was very pretty and very infringing.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org