AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Post by Solomoriah »

Post your comments here for Adventure Anthology One.

https://www.basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa1
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
dymondy2k

Re: AA1 Adventure Anthology One

Post by dymondy2k »

Chris.. the link to the downloads still says 'Gold in the Hills', even though the download is correct.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I think all the module intros should have a small synopsis below them.. give the reader a quick idea of what the module is about..

Taming The Flames
Two apprentices get in over their heads while their master was away, can the party set things right or will it all go up in flames.

Lost Tome:
In a mad sage's library lies a lost tome that could be the key to destroying a greater evil. The party is asked to retrieve it, but is unaware of the traps and even more dangerous things that lie in wait for them.

Anyways.. If you want to add these to mine feel free.
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

dymondy2k wrote:Chris.. the link to the downloads still says 'Gold in the Hills', even though the download is correct.
Fixed. Not good to be working sick in the wee hours of the morning...
dymondy2k wrote:I think all the module intros should have a small synopsis below them.. give the reader a quick idea of what the module is about..
Yeah, that's the plan.
dymondy2k wrote:Taming The Flames
Two apprentices get in over their heads while their master was away, can the party set things right or will it all go up in flames.

Lost Tome:
In a mad sage's library lies a lost tome that could be the key to destroying a greater evil. The party is asked to retrieve it, but is unaware of the traps and even more dangerous things that lie in wait for them.

Anyways.. If you want to add these to mine feel free.
Will do. When I feel like it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Notes on things I still need to get arranged in this document:

1. Number and level of characters for Ruin of Darkfir Castle and Island in River.
2. Darkfir Castle needs formatting help (overuse of SubHeading style).
3. Need blurbs for all the un-blurbed adventures.
4. Deathcrypt includes an energy draining mace +1... need to either remove it, or detail it
5. Vault of Eihort contains references to skill rolls which need to be revised (must look for Knowledge (something) entries.
6. I need to re-read, and possibly re-write, the intro to Slaver's Fortress
7. Need to decide whether or not to fill in the Wandering Monsters list in Island in River. I know it was left for the GM to expand, but I'm not sure that's what someone using a module actually wants.
8. The town map in Night of the Necromancer needs to be in monochrome. Just converting it isn't going to work... it needs to be line art.

I can do this all myself, but any help would be appreciated.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I can attack the blurbs if you like?

Zombraire's Estate:
An arrogant wizard and a Swamp witches curse. Something has happened to the Wrenwalds but not even the nearby village knows for sure and anyone who investigates is pronounced dead before they even leave. Can the party find out the answers or will they become another victim of the Wrenwald curse.

Beneath Brymassen:
A beginning module that can be played two separate ways, as a dungeon crawl or a rescue mission.
Dungeon Crawl: Some unsavory creatures have set up shop under the mill in Brymassen and the Mayor has asked the adventurers to clean them out, for a small fee of course
Rescue Mission: A villager's children have been kidnapped and a desperate father asks the adventurers to rescue them from beneath the nearby cellar. He doesn't have much but he'll pay them what he can to help.

Ruin of Darkfir Castle:
After sacking Dark Fir Castle, The Duke found no trace of the traitorous Sir Reginald or his ill-gotten treasure. But now the villagers speak of ghosts haunting the ruins and the possibility of treasure to still be found within.

DG: Speaking of Darkfir I feel that this adventure is missing alot of detail and the format is really wonky. What does everyone else think about it? This is just my opinion so if you guys want to tell me to go to hell I promise I won't cry.

Shepherds of Pineford:
An ancient evil is stirring in the highlands above Pineford. At first it was just sheep that were disappearing but now the town's only priest has been savagely killed just outside the village. Pineford is desperate for someone to solve this mystery before more villagers share the same fate as the priest.

Deathcrypt of Khaldun
A mad wizard buried in a crypt with his followers buried alive beside him, his last words swearing vengeance on the descendants of those heroes who drove him from their city. Now the 100th anniversary of his banishment approaches and the wizard stirs from his slumber. Can some new heroes end his curse again?

The Vault of Eihort:
A gritty 'Swords and Sorcery' adventure designed for a DM who likes to really challenge his players. A scholar needs someone to recover a lost scroll in an ancient vault across the desert. But the party will find just getting there will be half the battle.

Insect Valhalla:
Deep in the woods lies a warren of caves filled with giant insects and deadly plants. Yet the allure of the treasure within still calls out to those adventurous enough to explore its twists and turns.

Island in River:
An unscripted adventure designed to introduce players to exploring the outdoors. This module contains a variety of encounters spread out over a small island.

Night of the Necromancer:
Recently Thaen Ygmay returned to the village of his birth. But now trained in the arts of necromancy and with an army of undead at his side, he has declared war on his former village. Can the village of Stull survive the assault and destroy the necromancer before he can unleash even more undead on them?

Chris.. the only one I didn't do was Slavers Fortress because you mentioned wanting to flesh it out more. I actually think its great as-is because its pretty much ready made.. All a DM has to do is insert plot hook..
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks for the blurbs. I used all but one of them, with some editing.

I agree that Darkfir is a bit odd. I'm planning to make a pass over it; if I decide it's not up to snuff after all, I'll pull it out.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Having just re-read Merilla's Magic Tower, I ran into a couple of problems:

First, the Blast Spores. We have no such creature, and I can't find a reliable OGL source for one. Since they are specifically designed to mimic a monster we can't legally include, I'd like to replace this encounter with something else of similar danger.

More troubling to me is what Merilla has been up to. In the intro we are told "Merilla is a law-abiding citizen as well as a renowned hero" but the magic item she just finished creating is an energy draining weapon that also grants assassination ability to the wielder. What the heck?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Christmas is looking less likely.

The Zombraire's Estate includes a paragraph about the swamp hag, but I find no stats for her. My players would have been searching her out as soon as they polished off the zombraire, if I hadn't omitted her when I ran it. I had intended to find out about the author's plans for her but never got it done.

EDIT: It's hook #4 that troubles me. If the Swamp Hag took children, the villagers might kowtow to her... but my players wouldn't.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Yeah my party kind of got the idea that ole Wrenwald deserved his fate so they never pursued her.. So maybe we rewrite the hook in question? How about cursed their crops or livestock instead of children nabbing?

Chris.. Glad you liked the blurbs.. I assumed there would have to be some rewrites.. I was just winging them.. the two that gave me pause was Brymassen and the Island in River..
The Dragonclaw Barony