Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Hm," Timorel says, peering closely. "It looks like ancient Lizard-man, but I can't really read any of it." He quickly copies the text, then puts his paper and etc. away.
jstater

Post by jstater »

"Shall we kick down the door," asks Grumm, as he pretends to prepare to do just that.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Grumm: please note, the door is barred from this side... and thus swings OUT.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

It was just a fake, to see how the others would react.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arvin says "Grumm, I for one am impressed by your hearty attempt to bluff the door, perhaps when you have the time you could try to intimidate my mace into being a magical weapon."
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(ooc: shybolt has the lizardman language. Can he not make out any of the words?)

"This looks like it was made to keep something in there or out of here. Either way, we could be opening up Redbluff to a horrible menace. as I do not live here I don't have a problem with that. But being a local, you may see it otherwise, Grumm. I'll follow your lead here. But we may want to listen a bit more before we do anything too rash."
jstater

Post by jstater »

If Shybolt thinks the the door is safe (i.e. not trapped), Grumm says open it!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Best laugh I've had in days. If no one objects to Grumm, I'll proceed with his action soon.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: still looking for clarification on whether or not Shybolt can make out any of the writing from what he knows of the modern lizardman language. Not sure if you remembered that I took that as a language.)

At any rate, shybolt will untie the rope from his waist and put it away now that everyone seems to be with him next to the door. He will listen carefully and inspect the door for traps and and the like. he'll also feel around on the floor in front of the door to get a feel for the possibility that the floor will drop from beneath who ever lifts the bar.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC: still looking for clarification on whether or not Shybolt can make out any of the writing from what he knows of the modern lizardman language. Not sure if you remembered that I took that as a language.)
Shybolt was fairly certain, having carefully inspected the writing, that it was not actually lizard-man; he thought perhaps it might be the vaguely related language of the troglodytes.
Hywaywolf wrote:At any rate, shybolt will untie the rope from his waist and put it away now that everyone seems to be with him next to the door. He will listen carefully and inspect the door for traps and and the like. he'll also feel around on the floor in front of the door to get a feel for the possibility that the floor will drop from beneath who ever lifts the bar.
Shybolt searched carefully, but found no signs of any trap near the door.