Season 1 - Episode 6: The Bandit Caves

A forum for JoeCarr28's play-by-post game.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Birthright

Re: Well-Drilled Adventuring Machine

Post by Birthright »

_Silveredged wrote:Hiker nods, "Yes ma'am." Looking around he trots to the cave entrance and calls to his adventuring mates, "I'm taking Miss Alma home now." And then proceeds to lead Miss Alma back the way they came.
As the elves depart, Tannen nods. "I would be glad to be your guest one day. Do you have far to travel?"

Then, hearing the intentions of Hiker/Alma:
"Hiker, Alma, wait!" Tannen yells after his departing companions. "Morward may have posted a watch on the cave entrance and you might get a crossbow shot in the arm or worse. We need to see to our friends who are wounded and leave together. There is safety in numbers and we all want to see Miss Alma home safe." Then, after further consideration. "Karl is seriously wounded. He'll need you to keep his shield arm high...".
Iain_IF

Re: Season 1 - Episode 6: The Bandit Caves

Post by Iain_IF »

Paladin scurries back to Nivek and the dead. [color]We should haul something to the door at the end of the corridor. It will buy us more time,[/color] he suggests. We can use the dwarf table desk. I'll check the backdoor for dead elves before we collect Karl and Doughbert and skedaddle. I also think we should bring Morward's corpse if we can. He had a history with Bertie.

Paladin then heads off for the back door assuming the others will blockade the front further.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Mandross approaches the door cautiously, and gives it a quick look over - does it open in or out? Does it appear latched?

If it will swing freely, he will his cane to try and open the door (pushing it open or pulling with the cane handle)- but at angle. If it's latched, he'll go check on the others - peeking in to make sure the prisoners haven't already filed their way through the bars.
Go with a smile!
JoeCarr28

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC: I am anxiously awaiting the roleplay between JoeCarr and Silveredge as hiker tries to romance her tonight in the forest.)
I'd just like to remind you that Mrs Alma Grenewell is a happily married lady and respected pillar of the Marketstone community. There will be no funny business (much to Hiker's relief I would imagine).
JoeCarr28

Splintering Wood

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Birthright wrote:As the elves depart, Tannen nods. "I would be glad to be your guest one day. Do you have far to travel?"
"It's a couple of days walk through the forest to the east, even for us elves who know the woodland well."

---

Outside the cave, Hiker, Alma (and susequently Paladin) find the six horses belonging to Morward and his friends, tethered and grazing peacefully. Through the dusky evening light, they can also just make out Barnaby on the edge of the treeline in his usual repose - lying down, with his head resting on his outstretched front paws.

Meanwhile, back at the unopened door, Mandross discovers it to be locked.

With a sudden sound of splintering wood, the banging to the north ceases.

Doughbert: HP -1/5 (stabilised). No '0' level spells remaining today.
Hiker: HP 9/9.
Karl: HP -2/8 (stabilised).
Mandross: HP 4/5. 2 '0' level and no 1st level spells remaining today.
Nivek: HP 6/7. 1 '0' level spell remaining today.
Paladin: HP 3/4.
Tannen: HP 5/9.
~6.20 pm, 28th day of Harvestide.
Birthright

Post by Birthright »

"Paladin, Hiker, we've got company!". Tannen yells, before cursing under his breath. Then, making sure that there is enough light for the bodies of the dwarf and Morward to be seen, Tannen loads his crossbow and ensuring he has maximum possible cover by keeping his body behind the cave wall, he waits for the inevitable sound of the bandits approaching from the north.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Whereever doughbert is he has a loaded crossbow ready to defend his weakened life.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Mandross swears. But it's in Elvish, so it sounds a bit like using silk for scraping paper. He pulls one of his oil flasks from his pack, and bolts up the hall to where the others went.
Go with a smile!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Nivek calls out, "we need to regroup!" and he does his best to move (and usher others) back together.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
_Silveredged

Post by _Silveredged »

Hiker cautiously holds his position, instinctively stepping in front of Alma to shield her.
Marketstone CampaignImageLeolannan Fletcher, Half-Elf Ranger