AA1.6: Characters

A forum to play test using a Play - by - Post (PBP) format the Adventure Anthology series found on basicfantasy.org.

Moderator: Rosisha

crazycrypt

Re: AA1.6: Characters

Post by crazycrypt »

Rosisha wrote:Ack! I missed that? EEk! Sorry. I'm totally going nutzo :D hehe nah go ahead. i did read it and thought it was fine!
Ok, now I'm confused. Are you saying it's ok for magic leather armor? or for that matter, any other item that will improve Kogan's AC? I've easily got 738 gp left (plus the 20 from the current leather armor) without getting rid of anything but the healing potions. Just let me know how much and the stats so I can adjust the post, otherwise I guess I'll go with what I currently have.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

No you can go ahead and take the magic leather armor. Let me explain:

When I GM, you can't buy magical items. I go totally crazy over that (exception: You can donate money to a church to gain potions of healing, but thats it!).

However, I do sprinkle magical items as rewards. Magical Leather Armor +1 is perfectly acceptable as a reward, for a first level adventurer, and as such, you could have it! But I'd probably take away like 300 or 400 gold from your starting money to reflect that you had a magical item in a treasure horde instead of actual gold coins. So you aren't really "purchasing" magical items, you are simply finding magical items instead of a bag of coins.

Does that make sense?
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Rosisha wrote:No you can go ahead and take the magic leather armor. Let me explain:

When I GM, you can't buy magical items. I go totally crazy over that (exception: You can donate money to a church to gain potions of healing, but thats it!).

However, I do sprinkle magical items as rewards. Magical Leather Armor +1 is perfectly acceptable as a reward, for a first level adventurer, and as such, you could have it! But I'd probably take away like 300 or 400 gold from your starting money to reflect that you had a magical item in a treasure horde instead of actual gold coins. So you aren't really "purchasing" magical items, you are simply finding magical items instead of a bag of coins.

Does that make sense?
Yeah I do believe so. Thank you for the armor. I guess I got confused when I saw you take 800 gp for the magic chainmail. I will take away 300 for the leather armor, however, if you prefer more I can manage that as well. Again, thank you for the armor.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Alright, stupid question. How much does magic leather armor weigh or is it of importance? Normal leather armor is 15 lbs.
greg

Post by greg »

Magic armor encumbrance is the same as non-magical. The difference is that it puts you on a different tier of the encumbrance chart, so with magic armor you move faster if you are lightly loaded or heavily loaded than you do with non-magic armor.

Edit - I went and got my rule book. The encumbrance chart is on page 36 (2nd edition, release 73). With metal armor, lightly loaded, a character's movement would be 20'. With magic metal armor, lightly loaded, movement would be 30'. The second sentence beneath that chart reads: "Magic armor counts for its full weight but is not as bulky and restrictive as normal armor, thus granting an improved movement rate."

Yes, I am a rules dork. But not a rules lawyer!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

I've got my eye on you!!!!
hjmartin70

Post by hjmartin70 »

Too late to join?
Need a replacement or a cleric type maybe?
If yes roll 'em 3d6 arrange as desired (if I get to choose) and I pledge my second highest score to CHA!
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

We haven't had much going on here lately, however, Mak has dropped out so I'm sure we can use a replacement player, however, that is Rosisha's call.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I just wanted hywaywolf to be the last post poster on everythread.
crazycrypt

Post by crazycrypt »

Refer to my post in the TSGS thread :P