Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Explore the Northern continent of the Westernlands Campaign
starting in the city of Ravenstone. A city of greed and corruption,
where adventure and danger lurk. The city and the lands around it provide ample opportunity for anyone brave enough to chance it.

Moderator: bhyeti

Rhialto

Re: Adventures in Ravenstone [IC]

Post by Rhialto »

Being not much of a people person, Tam is content to listen while he eats his mutton.
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Getting your share of mutton, probably the best meal you have had in weeks, you retire to your room. After you make sure your room is secure, you fall into a restful sleep. Dreaming of taverns, mugs of ale and comely wenches.

A sharp rap on the door announces the arrival of Lasko, "The Captain wants to see you in his office after breakfast."
MD5

Post by MD5 »

Huh, this early? Yes sir, we'll be right in after we eat!
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

As you walk into Gradren's office, the Captain manages what could maybe be a smile.

"I love the smell of new guys in the morning. Really lucky new guys."

"Usually the first mission is a tough one, you four drew a milk and cookies assignment."

Standing besides Gradren is a nondescript man, one so average looking so as not to get a second look.

Pointing to the other man, "This is Gombuk, he will be your "adviser"'. He is a people finder, sometimes called a bounty hunter."

Gombuk stands without a sound, giving you the impression that he has no idea what the word "fun" means.

Gradren continues, "This is an information gathering mission, nothing else. No killing or roughing up if it can be avoided."

"There have been rumors lately of a group that is helping escaped slaves get out of the Ravenstone area. We know there are escaped slaves that get away from the city but they are usually captured and brought back."

"This is an organized effort that is starting to have a financial impact on city coffers, it must be stopped"

"However, this is a fairly new effort and we have no intel on it, this is where you come in."

"I will let Gombuk fill in the rest."

Gombuk speaks with a monotone voice, "We really need more information on this group so that we can take action."

"I will be a wealthy merchant, Tam will be my bodyguard and Zero will be my aide, Vrak and Benn will work together. We will start at the taverns known to serve dissidents. Vrak and Benn will work the opposite side of the street."

"Information gathering only, take mental notes and try to remember names and faces. If you are in a tavern and the crowd is pro slavery, then follow their lead. Same goes for the anti slavers. Try not to ask questions that will reveal yourselves, just be good listeners."

"We should meet somewhere to brief each other every couple of hours."

"Any questions?"
MD5

Post by MD5 »

"Understood! So from here on out we will refer to you as Gombuk correct?"
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

MD5 wrote:"Understood! So from here on out we will refer to you as Gombuk correct?"
Gombuk, "Here at the barracks, we use the names we have given. It is better to have a cover story and a different identity when on the streets of Ravenstone. Different identities for different situations. Disguise will be an option in case you meet people that will know you."

"Before we depart you will go to the stores to pick up stuff you might need and different clothes to change your appearance. We will meet someone there to teach you some simple disguises."
Modric

Post by Modric »

Vrack listens to the instructions and asks, "what is our payout upon completion of this mission?"
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Gradren answers, "The 25 gold pieces a month is a very generous salary, considering the elite army units only draw about 20. However, depending on the quality of information, there is a bonus allowed."
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Tam is pleasantly surprised that they let him have breakfast before the briefing.

He carefully listens to the instructions.
"Ha, I can do bodyguard. Need to dress up a bit, though. Somewhat garish. And maybe have the beard braided.

But hasn't there always been talk about people helping slaves? I though that was just rumors and old wives tales."
bhyeti

Post by bhyeti »

Gradren exclaimed, "If we are done with the questions, go with Gombuk to the supply room and pick up any equipment you need."