Chapter 4a: Battle in the Dunes

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

mTeasdale

Re: Chapter 4a: Battle in the Dunes

Post by mTeasdale »

Jaali would definitely try to steal the unknown magic ring Kanya had, before anyone else, if that's possible.

Otherwise, Jaali would like to go back to ship, after a quick swim in the magic well.

Drying up himself after the swim, somewhat separated from the party, Jaali will shout out: "So, everyone's ready to go ? We have a pirate ship to take !".

Jaali then mutters to himself "Captain Jaali... yeah, that sounds good. I just need to convince them"

Edit : Sorry Longman, I was sure I had already posted my action and was kinda waiting for the others...
Longman

Post by Longman »

My assessment is this:

Kanya is buried after her magic-looking ring is successfully pilfered by Jaali. (mTeasdale, note that down. 500gp in loot can go to Rostam.)

Sonja is buried with all her gear by the Paladin. That's a pile of gems the desert right there.

The entire party, fully healed and rested, head towards the location of the ship. You have a prisoner who tells you the exact way. You are carrying Maju's body.

You come upon the ship....it lies on the beach, close to the water, waiting to be rolled forward on logs. From your vantage in the dunes you can see someone on the shore by the ship. It is the Nubian slave of the Canein priestess, Maroo. He is scanning the dunes. No one else is in sight.

You knew the priestess and her slave to be friendly. This could be a good sign. What do you do?
quozl

Post by quozl »

YC will wave and call out to her, looking for a signal that it is safe to approach.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

OOC: I assume that the party struggled along slowly with Maju's body, so Rostam did not slow them down by carrying the treasure "liberated" from Kanya? Anyway, let us leave the body and the treasure a safe distance away from the ship before we approach.

To Yuan-Cheng:
Not so loud. There may still be pirates guarding the ship. No need to warn them, or they could threaten to harm their prisoners.

Rostam will kneel down so he is harder to see and hope that either Maroo or her servant notice the party.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

"Let Yuan-Cheng and I get to Maroo. We can probably manage getting there without being seens."
Longman

Post by Longman »

Maroo is not present. Her slave, Nooba, sees YC and motions you forward.

He doesn't speak, but from his body language you gather it is safe.

Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

To Yuan-Cheng:
I think it is enough if you go and talk to him. Let us stay back here and guard the pirates, lest they alarm their brothers.

Rostam will keep an eye on Saracen and the other prisoner (what's his name?).
quozl

Post by quozl »

YC walks up to Nooba and greets him with a smile.

How is the ship?
Longman

Post by Longman »

The slave cannot speak, but makes a clapping sound, at which his mistress Maroo appears, sticking her head up over the gunwale.

Yuan-Cheng! You have returned! We all assumed you must be dead! You have been gone for weeks!

It transpires that there are now only four pirates left at the ship. Farhan and Ash are currently in the sick-bay. Two more unnamed ones are about the place. You can easily take over.

You can RP with the priestess or injured pirates, decide what to do with the ship and treasure, decide what to do genenerally.

PS - remember there is a small fortune in gold on the ship, somewhere. The main exp dump for the adventure is in that.

The exp listed in the last post of the Hollow Log hasn't dropped on you yet but it will once you decide what to do with the boat, treasure and pirates, and raise Maju.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

OOC: moving this back to in-character as requested.

As soon as YC reports back, Rostam urges to take back the ship immediately:
Let us move quickly! We outnumber them!

Confronting the pirates:
Jab-Afri is dead! Do you wish to follow him?
We will not let you off easy for your crimes, but penitence may at least buy your lives!

If the pirates surrender, they will be disarmed and locked in the hold.
Where is Maroo?