Base Camp (Chit Chat)

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

Longman

Re: Base Camp (Chit Chat)

Post by Longman »

True. However, he would get a very large amount of experience for recent events which may well put him back up close to 5th anyway.

I'd be prepared to be lenient about the spellbooks and say that Jab-Afri had confiscated your main spellbook and it is still back at the ship. However, you would be somewhat maimed by the exploding powder horn.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

From the grave Maju is yelling, "Kill him!! He's far too dangerous to be left alive!!!"
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

Looking at post count, it looks like we have one of the most successful PBP ever on the forums. Congrats guys, and thank to you Longman !
Longman

Post by Longman »

You're welcome! - Mind you, if you head over to unseen servant or Dragonsfoot and check out the PbPbs there - - we're still in little league! But I'm having fun.

I'm looking to wrap up the current situation efficiently to avoid players dropping off. Ultimately I would like to know where you all want this to go:

A - Get the ship but keep exploring the island...
B - Get the ship and attempt to leave, going to Salaya toward various plot hooks in that direction...especially for the monk, and the mage if he is alive
C - Get the ship and go back to Siam
D - Fast forward through some background, etc and start playing Saga of the Giants!

You will also have to decide who is going to get raised, if anyone. The spell has drawbacks.

Bear in mind a new character would come in with less exp than the current party. So raising a character might be about the same as getting a new one.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Yes, thanks for running this, Longman! I'm having a lot of fun, so much fun that I'd vote A.
mTeasdale

Post by mTeasdale »

I would vote A too, but B would be fine for me too.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

So if Maju is brought back to life, will Taku be gone forever?
Longman

Post by Longman »

Yes. You'd have to get a new familiar.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

I just joined recently but it is cool to be in a game that is so active.

For Rostam, B would make the most sense, as his backstory also claims he needs to get to Salaya.
However, we really have no idea how to get off the island and if there is some greater evil here, the paladin may be convinced to stay anyway.
So either A or B.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

BTW, do we have the ability to raise somebody right now? Or is that hypothetical, if we find a cleric on the island who can do it?