Chapter 4a: Battle in the Dunes

A PbP version of J.D Neal's Lost World setting

Moderator: Longman

MevlyTM

Re: Chapter 4a: Battle in the Dunes

Post by MevlyTM »

Maju will cast Magic Missle, both of them at Jab-Afri. He then calls out, "Attack!"

OOC: I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this. Our only hope is that the wall of fire either reduced his hp, or required the use of his defensive spells.
quozl

Post by quozl »

Teruk and his men throw their spears at the mage.

DM: You can't do that. Long range for a spear is 30 yards. You are 75 yards away. Do you want to run forward this round, or do something else?
Longman

Post by Longman »

See response to Teruk above. I also need actions from Elias and Rostam before I can end the round.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Elias will thrust his staff toward the mage. "By the One God and His Righteous Brethren, thus shall the Enemies of the People be obliterated! By His Power, may the air about thee turn to lead!" (hold person onto the mage)

OOC: Ok, I'm apparently not great with religious spells that don't involve pain and dismemberment. I'll work on it.

I'm assuming the mage is the bad guy here, right everyone? I'm not totally caught up on how Michaelangelo here ended up on Kyo.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

As he is finally presented with a suitable target, Rostam will aim the rifle and fire at Jab-Afri.
Longman

Post by Longman »

All righty.

Rostam aims and fires. It's a miss.

Elias casts his spell. You see the magic-user reel under the magical bonds, before snapping out of it. (Just made the save!)

Maju casts his spell, and it becomes quite clear that the mage does indeed have a shield spell in place. You can see it flash blue as the missiles strike and bounce off.

Teruk says: "Come! let us advance and then attack again! My men cannot throw our spears from this range!"

Right at the end of the round, an arrow from the distant pirate Ash arrives. It is a terrible miss and falls well short.

NEW ROUND.

Most of those were delayed actions at the end of last round so it is actually your go again, except Maju. Maju, you can declare your actions now, or wait til after the pirate mage has acted. It's up to you.

Note that you could all advance 40 yards and then act again (except Rostam who can only advance 20 yards, and then act). Teruk and the spears can't come into play until they are within 30 yards. (I decided he would not go forward on his own.)

Post yer actionz.
Rhialto

Post by Rhialto »

Rostam will advance at double speed to keep up with the others, still clutching the unloaded rifle.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Longman wrote:(Just made the save!)
Clearly he is really not an enemy of the people then. We should parlay. :lol: He got the -2 on his save from the single-target aspect?

"Vie, this nefarious warlock is strong!" Elias will exclaim. He'll run forward 40' (and be 35' away from the captain, bugger) and then turtle back into his shell.

Yep, that's right. My defensive fighting will be to withdraw all my extremities into my shell. I couldn't think of anything else to do.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
quozl

Post by quozl »

Teruk and his men advance 40 yards and throw their spears at the mage.
MevlyTM

Post by MevlyTM »

I'll wait until after the mage has acted.