Art Requests

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Shonuff

Re: Art Requests

Post by Shonuff »

i got some full pagers on my board i'm working on , could be used in either field guide or main core book, they can be scaled down to 1/4 page insets too...
and i'll work on some more onsters on my free time at work.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Shonuff wrote:i got some full pagers on my board i'm working on , could be used in either field guide or main core book, they can be scaled down to 1/4 page insets too...
and i'll work on some more onsters on my free time at work.
yes, the onsters need some graphics too! ;)

I look forward to inserting more of the full page stuff.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

lol nice. i'm even gonna leave it. because if not it'll make yours confusing after mine.

i'll get to drawing tonight.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Is anyone interested in doing cover art?

Strongholds of Sorcery is growing by leaps and bounds, fueled by the brilliance of Stuart Marshall, and I can foresee it being available in print by Christmas. So, no rush. Strongholds of Sorcery includes three adventures: Castle D'Angelo, a one-way expedition into a castle full of mad wizards and women warriors; Tower of Light, a visit to a ruined tower with deadly contents; and House of Coldarius, a horror-themed adventure featuring the strange and fearsome master of the house and his equally strange and fearsome servants.

Note that cover pieces don't go over the entire cover in my layouts; in fact, horizontal pieces work better. Look at the cover of BF1 Morgansfort for an example. Color art is better than black and white (in fact, covers are the only place I can really use color pieces) but as usual, I'll take what I can get.

ALSO: I've seen several mentions of full page artwork. The form factor that is most useful to me, other than quarter-page pieces, is horizontal pieces suitable for occupying spaces at the tops or bottoms of pages. Anything with a width-to-height ratio of 3 to 2 or thereabouts would work great (shorter pieces, say, 5 to 2, are equally welcome). That would mean a piece around 6 inches wide (at 300 dpi) would be 4 inches or less tall. This is a prime size for outdoor action shots, as well as the sort of thing Carjack did for the trolls (the encounter piece with the adventures coming up one corridor about to meet the trolls coming up the other).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

ok i'll take a stab at the cover. don't have many color pieces in my book, but i'll pump out a b&w first to see if it fits for you. i'll try to soften the color pallet so it's not so "comic book bright" and fits more with the RPG color level.

and the full pages could be used between letters in the alphabet for the index of monsters in the field guide.
Or you could use it to separate chapters , but mainly just cranking out art for art's sake.
If you see a nice piece I did and want to crop it to meet your low and long format you prefer, i have no problem with you using a "portion" of my piece. (no one needs to see legs anyway)

but I will see to making some more horizontal pieces for you to resize to fit bottom or top of pages.

And i will work on a cover.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, don't be afraid to farm some of this out, too. No need to do it all yourself.

(Of course, if you want to, that's different...)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Artkid's first post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=799&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a has a great piece that would work well in a module... some dungeon entrance.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

This forum thread is for requests.

ANY artist can jump in and say "HEY! I'll give it a shot!"

I'm not preventing anyone from helping.

not sure how to farm it out, if people are working on stuff they fancy.
i fancy getting you and smoot what you request, so i'm usually first to raise a hand.

my problem is desktop space is running short.. need to finish some of these i got in roughs stage.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote:Artkid's first post: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=799&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a has a great piece that would work well in a module... some dungeon entrance.
Indeed it would. Doesn't exactly work for Strongholds of Sorcery though.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

I put together a witch class today, and having an illustration for it would be pretty cool. I'm not picky about specifics.