Art Requests

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Art Requests

Post by Solomoriah »

ART NEEDED!

BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery is nearing completion. The first, second, and fourth adventures are substantially complete and are fully laid out; white spaces on those pages could do with some filling. We also need a title page image. Art for the third adventure, House of Coldarius, would be premature right now since the layout isn't done yet. SOON though.

Please post in the thread here viewtopic.php?f=19&t=697 if you plan to do art for this adventure, and what page you are working on illustrating. I'd prefer illustrations that are relevant to the page they'll appear on, or perhaps the facing page (if an even page, the following odd page; if an odd page, the preceding even page).

I have every intention of having this in print by Christmas 2017, so jump in now!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... I never make suggestions, and I never ask for character-portrait-style art, but... if you look at page 70 of R27 of Strongholds of Sorcery, you'll see the "boss" magic-user Rurik Evidur. I'd love to see an artistic representation of him with his "pet" Shadow hiding in his own shadow.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

ART NEEDED!

We need some bits and pieces of artwork for the Equipment Emporium; in particular, I need a color cover piece and a black and white title page drawing. Other drawings are, of course, welcome.
Brasida

Post by Brasida »

Solomoriah wrote:ART NEEDED!

We need some bits and pieces of artwork for the Equipment Emporium; in particular, I need a color cover piece and a black and white title page drawing. Other drawings are, of course, welcome.
Hi, I'm an Italy based artist and BFRPG enthusiast. I'm currently working on this illustration for the Equipment Emporium, it's still a rough and it has to be refined and inked. The original file I'm working on is 300dpi/2000x2000 pixels, hope it's big enough.
Attachments
Emporiumsketch by John Ciarfuglia.png
Emporiumsketch by John Ciarfuglia.png (248.92 KiB) Viewed 7502 times
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Very nice!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
borgar

Post by borgar »

Very nice. So that is what someone that can draw more than simple shape can manage :D

BTW, I think I may have been DM with a player character like that a few times. Not to mentioned what they would have looked like on the way out of the dungeon. ;)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Brasida wrote:Hi, I'm an Italy based artist and BFRPG enthusiast. I'm currently working on this illustration for the Equipment Emporium, it's still a rough and it has to be refined and inked. The original file I'm working on is 300dpi/2000x2000 pixels, hope it's big enough.
Brasida, I love it. Can you send me that large copy you mentioned? Also, please let me know how you want to be credited (that is, by what name).

Email solomoriah@basicfantasy.org

Thanks!
Brasida

Post by Brasida »

Solomoriah, did you get my email with the attached png files (the encumbrance ones)?
I'm currently working on a new illustration for the manual, it's almost ready to be inked. Do you prefer files with white background or transparency?
Attachments
Heavy_crossbow_by_John_Ciarfuglia.png
Heavy_crossbow_by_John_Ciarfuglia.png (609.92 KiB) Viewed 7424 times
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

That is a great image! Very nice!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Brasida wrote: Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:43 am Solomoriah, did you get my email with the attached png files (the encumbrance ones)?
I'm currently working on a new illustration for the manual, it's almost ready to be inked. Do you prefer files with white background or transparency?
I did get the email, and thanks! As for how I prefer my images... white is fine, transparent is fine. They'll be flattened to white before I use them, since transparency gets flattened when I get works printed anyway.